My Bicycle and I

Hoopdriver
Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
edited November 2011 in The bottom bracket
Hello

A couple of months ago I cheekily made use of this forum to spruik my magazine-style cycling website/blog My Bicycle and I and now I find myself in the position of having to do so again – not because I am desperate, but because a domain name change has been forced upon me and for the past few weeks anyone who might have cared to follow my posts would have found that the site was ‘unavailable’.

Now it is back up again – for good this time – under the address:

http://www.My-Bicycle-and-I.co.uk

By way of introduction for those who didn’t notice my blurb last time around, I am a long-time magazine writer (Time, National Geographic, Conde Nast, Nature) and photographer who loves bicycles and cycling but who seldom gets an opportunity to write about either in any of the publications to which I usually contribute. And so I decided to create my own magazine-style blog and give myself an outlet. I hope you will have a look and that you will find some things on there you like.

Comments

• Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Lovely bike Hoopdriver although that front bag needs to be made of whicker to keep the old dears happy :wink:

It is a slightly strange geometry to me though, but a real craftsman's finish all round and no mistake. Reminded me of some lovely frames from a frame builder that NapD posted on here some time ago, that chap also made a great job of the lugs, etc.

What groupo have you got on there? Be nice to have some close ups of the bike, etc., perhaps posted on "Your Road Bikes" if you haven't already.
  • Hoopdriver
    Thanks

The group set is a mix of old favourites of mine - a TA Zephyr triple crank with TA rings (48-34-26), TA pedals; a Rohloff chain, Shimano Ultegra 9spd cassette (12-27), Shimano Dura Ace bar-end shifters; Shimano Ultegra rear mech; Phil Woods touring hubs and Phil Woods bottom bracket; Shimano 650R brakes

I'll be posting more stories, photos, essays etc
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    I remember seeing lots of pics of your bike being built, and as the owner of 2 lovely steel Enigmas I'd love an Excellence build one day :D Good read as well.
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...
  • Hoopdriver
    Thanks.

Enigma sure do make some lovely bicycles.

What surprised me as I watched mine being made is the incredible artistry that goes into building a fine steel frame.