Just a warm photo for those chilly mornings...

medoramas
medoramas Posts: 202
edited November 2011 in Commuting chat

Comments

• Great classic steel framed bikes
    Racing is rubbish you can\'t relax and enjoy it- because some bugger is always trying to get past.
  • Is that the free poster you used to get with whatever Queen album had Fat Bottom Girls on it? I remember perving over it in Woolies when I was about 10.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    And only one of them has a helmet... But at least they're stopped at the lights.
  • Is that the free poster you used to get with whatever Queen album had Fat Bottom Girls on it? I remember perving over it in Woolies when I was about 10.
    That's the one. I'm sure I remember reading/hearing that for the photo shoot they borrowed the bikes (Raleighs IIRC)from the stock of the local Halfords.....and after the shoot they all went back into stock. Nice.
    You've no won the Big Cup since 1902!
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Great classic steel framed bikes
    I didn't see any bikes in that picture :?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • thecrofter wrote:
    Is that the free poster you used to get with whatever Queen album had Fat Bottom Girls on it? I remember perving over it in Woolies when I was about 10.
    That's the one. I'm sure I remember reading/hearing that for the photo shoot they borrowed the bikes (Raleighs IIRC)from the stock of the local Halfords.....and after the shoot they all went back into stock. Nice.

There's something a bit fishy sounding about that to me.

The album was Jazz, andf the track is Bicycle which was also a double-A side with Fat Bottomed Girls... I used to have both, guess they're up in the loft somewhere....

There was the poster and a different camera shot was on the single sleeve... and then there was the video :)

see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_Race for more details
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • thecrofter wrote:
    Is that the free poster you used to get with whatever Queen album had Fat Bottom Girls on it? I remember perving over it in Woolies when I was about 10.

There's something a bit fishy sounding about that to me.

:D... according to wikipedia

"The group rented the stadium and several dozen bikes for one day for filming the scene; however, when the renting company became aware of the way their bikes were used, they requested the group to purchase all the bicycle seats"
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I had that Jazz album for Christmas that year. Pa leaned over, spied the poster and muttered something about wishing he'd asked Santa for a record as well. :)

The poster had the 'naked butts' ((c) mad Yanks, 1978) covered up in some territories with badly overlaid bikini bottoms added post-production over the girls' err... bottoms. And weren't the band themselves planning to just happen to be there on the day for the photo shoot, and then the schedule didn't allow it? Not that I have much recollection of all that obviously.
  • CiB wrote:
    I had that Jazz album for Christmas that year. Pa leaned over, spied the poster and muttered something about wishing he'd asked Santa for a record as well. :)

The poster had the 'naked butts' ((c) mad Yanks, 1978) covered up in some territories with badly overlaid bikini bottoms added post-production over the girls' err... bottoms. And weren't the band themselves planning to just happen to be there on the day for the photo shoot, and then the schedule didn't allow it? Not that I have much recollection of all that obviously.

Jazz it was! I can't imagine Freddy was that fussed about missing the shoot.
  • when the renting company became aware of the way their bikes were used, they requested the group to purchase all the bicycle seats"[/i]

If eBay had been around then and they advertised the saddles correctly...I'm sure they would have sold them with a big profit!
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    when the renting company became aware of the way their bikes were used, they requested the group to purchase all the bicycle seats"[/i]

If eBay had been around then and they advertised the saddles correctly...I'm sure they would have sold them with a big profit!
    Tsk. It's all about the bottom line with some people!
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides