The UCI Track Cycling World Cup tickets

jodypress
jodypress Posts: 94
edited February 2012 in Commuting chat
Not sure if this is the right forum. Just tried to buy tickets for the The UCI Track Cycling World Cup in Feb at the Olympic velodrome. Ticket selling opens at 10am, I'm straight on the site and within 4 minutes ALL tickets are already sold out and I couldn't get any tickets. Unbelievable :(

If anyone has tickets and is willing to sell them, please let me know.

Cheers,

Jody
Commuter: Litespeed Sienna, DA 7800
Sunday Best: Cervelo S2 DA 7900
Winter Hack: Cannondale Badboy discs for those really snowy commutes
Spare: Trek 1200 (ali) with 9sd 105
HED V04 TT being built

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Pro Race of the track part of the 'road' forum might get a better response.
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266

"better" is a relatively loose term here . . . .
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • Cheers Rick, looks like over on the track forum there are plenty of other unhappy people too who didn't get any tickets.
    HED V04 TT being built
  • jodypress wrote:
    Cheers Rick, looks like over on the track forum there are plenty of other unhappy people too who didn't get any tickets.

Same here. Joined the queue for tickets at 10:02 and none left for the session I wanted.

I suppose that is the problem with a velodrome when most of the space is for the track and relatively very few seats for the size of building
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Same here :(

Tried on Tuesday as well with priority access as British Cycling member, left it half an hour too late then and was all sold out, then logged on here and saw that some muppet had posted the priority access code :evil: - yeah, cheers for that mate!
  • they've been on pre-sale to UK Cycling members for some days now, hence the lack of tickets remaining.
    <a>road</a>
  • phy2sll2
    phy2sll2 Posts: 680
    BigMat wrote:

Tried on Tuesday as well with priority access as British Cycling member, left it half an hour too late then and was all sold out, then logged on here and saw that some muppet had posted the priority access code :evil: - yeah, cheers for that mate!

Whoa, whoa, whoa! If you're referring to me, I only pointed to the page on the BC website. You had to log in to get the code!

If you weren't, forget I said anything. :lol:
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Tried as well. Got nothing. 5 other mates also tried and got nothing too.

Missed my chance with BC as was resting in bed with shoulder trouble on Tuesday. Grrr. Was going to be my dad's Christmas present as well.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • If there's one thing more annoying than using Ticketmaster, it's not getting the tickets you want while using Ticketmaster...

I assume everyone was going for the weekend sessions? Wonder if the weekday ones would have been a better choice.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    phy2sll2 wrote:
    BigMat wrote:

Whoa, whoa, whoa! If you're referring to me, I only pointed to the page on the BC website. You had to log in to get the code!

If you weren't, forget I said anything. :lol:

Don't recall who it was, but sure the "CYCLINGPREPARES" code was referenced. In all likelihood made no difference, but wound me up a bit at the time!

Watched the Pearl Jam Twenty documentary last night, highly recommended. They come across as a genuinely nice bunch of people. Was amusing to see their dispute with Ticketmaster. What a bunch of w***ers they are...
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    hate to rub peoples noses in it but i managed to get 2 tickets for the thursday night
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    We've got a couple of tickets for the Friday evening. :D

We bought them on Tuesday because we're Newham residents and got priority (though it seems everyone else got priority too) how'd that work then?
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • pete54
    pete54 Posts: 488
    I tried at about 9.59 am and got a couple of tickets for the Sunday. Glad I did, as they seem to have sold out so quickly.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Greg T wrote:

"better" is a relatively loose term here . . . .

Like G66 bowl movements
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,683
    This is the problem with our niche sport becoming popular unfortunately....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • snooks wrote:
    We've got a couple of tickets for the Friday evening. :D

We bought them on Tuesday because we're Newham residents and got priority (though it seems everyone else got priority too) how'd that work then?

Hi Snooks, I'm a Hackney resident, but didn't find out about the priority until after 10am yesterday....grrr. How did you find out/were informed about the priority.

I'm really annoyed and frustrated as I've now missed out on olympic, paralympic and UCI track tickets at the velodrome and I live aobut 1.5 miles from the Velodrome too. :evil:
    HED V04 TT being built
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    ddraver wrote:
    This is the problem with our niche sport becoming popular unfortunately....

Pfft, I think the road/track distinction needs to be made.

Road - my favourite sport of all time.

Track - a little worse than Biathlon, and you may as well just watch the speed skating instead.
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    I've been to the equivalent event at the Manchester Velodrome for the past 3 years. There has never been a problem getting a ticket and prices were significantly lower. I tried and failed to get events for the London event, but wasn't overly disappointed as I felt the mark up for decent tickets compared to Manchester was silly. Last year I was pretty much dead in line with the finish line in Manchester for, if my memory is correct, £15 per ticket.

Hopefully it will be back in Manchester again post-Olympics.
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    jodypress wrote:
    Hi Snooks, I'm a Hackney resident, but didn't find out about the priority until after 10am yesterday....grrr. How did you find out/were informed about the priority.

I'm really annoyed and frustrated as I've now missed out on olympic, paralympic and UCI track tickets at the velodrome and I live aobut 1.5 miles from the Velodrome too. :evil:

It was mentioned in our freebie magazine that comes through the door every couple of weeks. I usually have flick through to see what's happening, then it goes in the recycling.

It seems a bit unfair that there wasn't an allocation of tickets for the host boroughs and it all seems to have been a big pot of tickets and anyone was free to use a password even if they weren't entitled to it, at least with the host boroughs they can check your address to make sure you're entitled to priority tickets....it seems the brains behind the "priority" offer were unaware of the internet :roll:
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • davidcfcster
    davidcfcster Posts: 1
    edited February 2012
    Hi, I have two tickets for the UCI Track cycling world cup Friday evening session, £80 for both if anyone's interested - I'm gutted I cannot go!
    SORRY TO ALL: TICKETS SOLD> GOOD LUCK IN GETTING SOME.
  • Sorry to hear you can't go. I'll take them, PM sent.
    HED V04 TT being built
  • TCombes
    TCombes Posts: 1
    edited February 2012
    Hi

I have 2 tickets for the UCI Track Cycling World Cup for the day of Saturday 18th if anyone is interested. My wife and I can no longer go :( . Will sell for £100 for both. If anyone is interested just let me know.

The details are: Row 4, Seats 501/502 competiton from 9am to 4.40pm and the gates open at 7.30am.

Thanks,

Terry

THESE TICKETS HAVE NOW BEEN SOLD....
  • I'll have them. PM sent.
    HED V04 TT being built