... can't put it off any longer

slowlanejane
slowlanejane Posts: 312
edited November 2011 in The bottom bracket
... time to apply for the job I've seen listed that I actually match the requirements pretty closely, thus have a chance of getting called for an interview. Might even get the job and have to re-enter the frankly exhausting world of full time work plus kids plus extra stuff that I do.

Made redundant 2 months ago but can live modestly but respectably on 1 salary in my house - drawing in the horns of course. Miss the cash and the extras that come with - the one salary living means no extras, not even buying magazines or coffee while out & about - but the joy and luxury of only having to fit one life into 24 hours a day has been lovely. Being able to focus on the house / family / kids. Being a proper local govt councillor and getting involved. And having time to ride / fix up bikes / run / etc. I've cycled everywhere that can be cycled to in order to cut petrol bills but also because I love riding my bike. Extended my running, which is coming on no end. Serviced all my bikes, and the kids. Reconditioning husband's old MTB for his xmas present. Booked myself on a basic bike mechanics course.

I fitted it all in before but pared down with no time for the extras and it meant 5 or 6 hours sleep a night max with minimal exercise.

I know I have to get back to work asap and I'll do my utmost to make it happen, then perform to the best of my ability once I'm there, but a big part of me would like to remain redundant a little longer ... because its been lovely ... who wouldn't want to pack in work for a bit and be thier own person for a while ...

*sigh*

Comments

• keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Me. I'd love to pack work in for a while and concentrate on bikes for a bit. Sadly we're a one salary household, and that salary is mine :?

My advice would be to go for it; the world of work moves on so quickly these days, the longer you're out the harder it is to get back in. Any chance of the job being 9-3 or a 4 day week??

My wife left work to have our first child 23 years ago. Now she'd love a job, but at 52 with no recent experience she's finding it next to impossible!