TransAlp Challenge 2012

Euskaltel
Euskaltel Posts: 13
edited June 2013 in XC and Enduro
Is anyone interested in doing The TransAlp Challenge in 2012 and doesn't have a partner?
I did this back in 2007 and would really like to do it again. It's a great race and a big
challenge, it has it all, extreme climbs, snow, hot weather and mega scenery.
Full details can be obtained from the following link:

http://www.bike-magazin.de/event/bike-transalp/

Comments

• garetjax
    garetjax Posts: 175
    sent you a pm
  • Sounds great and would love it but probably bit to much for an amateur.
  • If I can do it, so can you!
  • bobgfish
    bobgfish Posts: 545
    Love to but doing Trans Portugal this year. Can't afford to do two of these this year !!! What training you planning and how far out. Got a lot of work to do before my first Trans event in May and still not sure what to expect. Still trying to guess what might be good tyres!!!
  • I did the TransAlp in 2007 and one of the things i'd always advise is do lots of miles on the road.
    Most of it was climbing on fire roads, very little single track. Also it was very hot that summer
    so hydration was a problem, although after a couple of days I got used to it.
    No idea what type of terrain the Portugal race will be on, so can't have a guess at tyre choice.
  • Hi, my name is Gabor. I am looking for a team mate as my partner injured his shoulder and won't make it next year.
    As the registration is 6 days ahead, i am a bit concerned. Hope to discuss this asap. Thx, Gabor
  • Euskaltel
    Euskaltel Posts: 13
    Sorry as I didn't think I was racing the Transalp, I have not done anything like the amount of training needed.
    Good luck with finding a partner.