Cheap Curtis frames

supersonic
supersonic Posts: 82,708
edited November 2011 in MTB general
At CRC. Well cheapish! The RRPs were absolutely ridiculous.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Bran ... randID=871

Comments

• Good shout. As I'm now not going to be riding for months and months, this might be the 6-12 month project I'm looking for.

Mind you, £800rrp for a (non TI / carbon) HT frame...... BAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    was in the market for a new hardtail frame after riding my old maxlight t'other week, a medium freeride 140 in kawasaki green would have been nice...

however, and its a big however, just found out that works components do a 2, yes 2 degree angleset, which combined with the external cups will knock 2.5 degrees off the headangle and frankly, my maxlight with a 66 degree headangle sound ruddy marvelous, cue cunning renovation plan, and a planned 23lb ripper :D oh for anyone wanting to give 1x10 a try, crc have mega cheap XT shifters, minus the gear indicators for £27.99 8)
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    66 degrees on an XC race frame?! Bloody hell!
  • Whyyyyyy???? I am so skint - i would love to take advantage of this right now but I just cannot afford it. Especially with Christmas coming up.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    supersonic wrote:
    66 degrees on an XC race frame?! Bloody hell!

with 140mm forks its hardly a race bike :lol: tbf stepping off the mojo back to it was abit scary, so i'm thinking why not give it a go :lol: im feeling full renovation, strip the frame, new paint, decals etc and give it some shiny stuff, its too sentimental to replace, it was my first custom build and it still feels pretty good, just a tough weighty and twitchy, which shall be solved by my changes :lol:
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Haven't ridden a Curtis but looking at those geo figures I'd be approaching with caution tbh...

But! Other good things in the sale are stupidly cheap Turners and Yetis, Coves, Niners and Lasts. Mentioned this before but I got £1400 off my Last Herb. That's 70,000 goes on the 2p falls. Blindin. Also some Corsairs and Tomacs and Rocky Mountains- good prices for new Slayers. I could've bought about 5 or 6 frames yesterday tbh :mrgreen: Some cheaper ones as well, not all gucci.

And UK15 gets you £15 off, or I think it's XMAS50 gets you a £50 voucher for your next spend over £100. And then topcashback on top of that for a further 3%. If anyone's feeling charitable I get moneys if you use my referral link ;)
    Worth doing anyway- cashback for merlin, wiggle, CRC and others. Trainline, Black Circles... Free money basically.

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/northwind
    Uncompromising extremist