dice with death

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,064
edited November 2011 in Commuting chat
Forget your stories about when you single handedly sailed the 7 seas, climbed everest un assisted.

I took OFF my saddle bag this morning, ah the sweet sweet freedom
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• Nice one it"boffin".

You've created duplicate threads.

Alzheimer's kicking in a bit strong today? :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • itboffin
    Greg66 wrote:
    Nice one it"boffin".

You've created duplicate threads.

Alzheimer's kicking in a bit strong today? :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Haven't you got some knitting you should be doing or something?

Anyway this'll bring a smile to you chubby wrinkly old face. What was waiting for me at the station .....?

A semi flat front tyre, the first in about 2 years on that bike.

A quick call to the support vehicle and whoosh i'm home drinking wine :wink:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    The PF is omniscient - remove the saddle bag at your peril
  • itboffin
    When i got home i took one of my spare commuting wheels (planet-x B) and did a swap over then had a quick look at the offending wheel and would you adam & eve it not one hole but dozens of tiny ones. If its worn i cant see were i can only think i've been picking up glass, flint etc for months and finally one or more have made it in.

Now how awesome are conti hardshells 8)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    Braver than me. I daren't remove the bag. I should get another one to leave on the MTB. I swap form one to the other if needed, but have to remember to swap tubes accordingly.
  • KonaMike
    KonaMike Posts: 805
    Never remove the saddle bag,it makes an alarm go off at Puncture Fairy HQ !!
  • Torvid
    Torvid Posts: 449
    No more drooping bag

warning links to wiggle.
    Commuter: Forme Vision Red/Black FCN 4
    Weekender: White/Black - Cube Agree GTC pro FCN 3
  • Got home from a longish ride on Monday and noticed that although I'd remembered to stick the mini-pump in my jersey pocket, the saddle bag with spare tube and levers was still sitting on the work bench after the last bike clean. D'oh!!

Am amazed the PF didn't pick the precise moment of my furthest point from home and out of mobile phone coverage area to visit.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Twostage
    Twostage Posts: 987
    itboffin wrote:
    Forget your stories about when you single handedly sailed the 7 seas, climbed everest un assisted.

I took OFF my saddle bag this morning, ah the sweet sweet freedom
    I used to get that feeling when I used to go MTBing out in the wilds where there was no phone signal. I had a habit of stopping just before the moorland border and checking the phone to see zero bars. Setting off again was like diving into a pool.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Played this dangerous game today but only on a 5 mile trip. A nice silent bike, apart from my heavy breathing.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • KonaMike wrote:
    Never remove the saddle bag,it makes an alarm go off at Puncture Fairy HQ !!

Yes I laughed my socks off at this one!

I've got a front tyre that matters not whether the puncture fairies have been called or not - it's a bar steward to change regardless of whether carrying the Puncture fairy abatement device. Thus I'm dreading having another burst on my front wheel.

:lol:

Paul
    "Commuterised" Specialized Rockhopper Disc 2004.
    FCN #7 - Skinny tyres and Cleats.
    1962 Rory O'Brien Roadie Lightweight. (but heavy by todays standards!)
    FCN #4
    2007 Specialized Roubaix Expert.
    FCN # 1/2 - Cobbly racing tyres and MTB cleats.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Braver than me. I daren't remove the bag. I should get another one to leave on the MTB. I swap form one to the other if needed, but have to remember to swap tubes accordingly.

I have saddle bags for the roadie and MTB for that reason.

the SS has all sorts of clutter in the paniers so I tend to leave them on even for fun rides. on the whole makes little difference I guess.