Haute Route 2012 - who's in?

bit of a balls up with the website for registration - but got my confirmation email, so guess I'm in.

Anyone else here?

Better get training!

Steve B

Comments

• Just got my confirmation... why have I signed up to a world of pain again!?!? :shock:
    VO2 Max - 79 ml/kg/min
    W/kg - 4.9
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Yep our team is in but I'm a bit worried about transferring the whole 1200 euros by this Friday almost 9 months before the event, anyone else?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • know what you mean about the wedge - would like to pay by Visa, at least to have a guarantee if they go bust.

Gets the unpleasantness of the money out the way though but a deposit would be more comfortable.
  • itboffin
    know what you mean about the wedge - would like to pay by Visa, at least to have a guarantee if they go bust.

Gets the unpleasantness of the money out the way though but a deposit would be more comfortable.

BACS payment is a right PITA as well.

so 500 places x 1200 euros makes a nice 600,000 to sit on for 9 months @ 2.5 - 3% hmmm nice! :D
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Yeah it is slightly disconcerting to have to pay so much, so far in advance by BACS, but I seem to recall it was the same process last year from what I read.
    VO2 Max - 79 ml/kg/min
    W/kg - 4.9
  • I guess they have up-front costs too. Transfer's a little easier for me as I live in Switzerland and it's in the same bank.
  • itboffin
    To their credit when I queried they did say we could split the payment in 3 of course that means 3 sets of bank fees for BACS payments.

Whilst i'm a bit disappointed our team decision has been to do our own mini version over 1-2 weeks, maybe next year for the Haute - perhaps a bit more training too :roll:
  • Had my payment confirmation... time to start the training? :shock: :?
    VO2 Max - 79 ml/kg/min
    W/kg - 4.9
  • I'm doing it again this year too. Bloody excited!
  • Out of curiosity, is that 1200 euros per person, or per team? Is that just for entry, or does it cover anything else?
    Twitter: @FunkyMrMagic
  • "entry" covers all sorts, but yes, it's for entry alone, individually.

Lot of wedge, but friends who are in Ironman pay more than half that for a one day event.
  • Hi,

I am doing the same route / dates as the main race but going solo avec panniers. Hope to see people as they go past me each day :-). The only thing I will not be doing is the TT on Wednesday as Tuesday will be an absolute monster.

Good luck.

Al
  • Tom k
    Tom k Posts: 1
    Sadly due to work I am out! A new job means I am going to have to give up my place. :(

Spoken to the organisers and it's too late to roll to 2013, so if anyone would like to buy a late entry to the Haute Route please get in touch!

Email in profile

Cheers

Tom

(edit, apologies if this should have been put in classified. Let me know and I'll move it.)