Need Hybrid help!!

2»

Comments

• clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    clarkey cat wrote:
    buy a hybrid.

look like this.

Matching kit and bike? Must be notsoblue.

It is NOT NotSoBlue. No headphones, see.
  • W1
    W1 Posts: 2,636
    clarkey cat wrote:
    buy a hybrid.

look like this.

Matching kit and bike? Must be notsoblue.

It is NOT NotSoBlue. No headphones, see.
    But shaved legs [maybe].
  • OSOH
    OSOH Posts: 153
    As a very 'casual' cyclist, I would like to speak up on behalf of hybrids!! I decided I should try a road bike, so got a bike with drop-handlebars, a Carrera Vanquish, my previous bike being an ancient Raleigh Pioneer (which I still have). Maybe it's because I'm not a 'dedicated' or knowledgeable cyclist, but I had that Carrera for over a year, and despite it being a perfectly good bike I just couldn't get on with it, my issue being the handlebars. Hated not being able to see where I was going unless I bent my head up at a painful angle, and I just found the whole thing uncomfortable and twitchy. Toyed with the idea of converting it to flat bars, which would have been great, but after finding out it would be expensive I ended up selling it and buying a Giant FCR (basically flat-bar road bike type of hybrid) instead.

The change is amazing, I feel so much more comfortable on the Giant...I had started to abandon the Carrera in favour of the old Raleigh when going on a ride. People will probably find this post ridiculous, as most here seem to consider hybrids have no place, but if you just enjoy pootling and don't want to flatten yourself out for a few more mph, I have found flat bars a hell of a lot more comfortable. Doubt many will share that opinion, but we hybrid fans are out there!
    It may seem there's light at the end of the tunnel, but it's actually an oncoming train.