Tack fortuis T1930 turbo trainer and real life video

jsansom
jsansom Posts: 34
edited November 2011 in Road beginners
Hi all,
I have just brought a Tacx T1930 fortius trainer never owned one before and to be honest i am a bit out of depth.
I have purchased a tacx tyre as i read somewhere its best not to use the standard one on my cannodale caad 8.

I think i am correct in saying that the real life video ie the T1956.65 are the best for graphics and i can actualy ride in them etc? i see there iss tts,google maps real life videos, ErgoVideos etc and dont know what is the best to buy to use on it.

My trainer came with multiplayer tacx version 3.0 software standalone if that helps and i see there is a 3.5 update should i install that. I just want to get a course like i see on the demo which has the great graphics and you ride the course at the same time and any advice on which one to go for and where to buy besdies ebay please? is there anyware to rent them to try first as they seem to be around £30 upwards each.

Im only do sprint triathlons newent being the hardest for my which is a 20k ride so up to 50k ish would be good to train with i guess with some steady hills want to improve my time and try get a 22mph + average.
Thanks in advance for any advice / help anyone can give me.

Regards
Jeremy

Comments

• All you need to know can be read here...
    viewtopic.php?f=40020&t=12661884
    Allez Triple (hairy with mudguards) - FCN 4
    Ribble Gran Fondo
  • Thanks for fast reply ill start reading :>)
  • Jsansom these dutch people do RLV's for tacx as cheap as £5 !

http://www.real-life-video.nl/index.php/en/prices/

and they are good!
  • Nice one thats sounds much better dont wont to send £35 quid to find the course is to hard for me lol but a fiver is fine
    Thanks again
    Regards
    J
  • exactly - just bought these 3 for £25 all in near enough

6. Limburg 2011: 7,99 Euro
    7. Grand Ballon 2011: 7,99 Euro
    20. Le Mont Ventoux 2011: 7,99 Euro
  • have you ordered from them before just wondering if they are they as good graphics/hd quality as the t1956 tacx real life video's? cant wait to get mine all set up now !
    Regards
    J
  • jsansom wrote:
    have you ordered from them before just wondering if they are they as good graphics/hd quality as the t1956 tacx real life video's? cant wait to get mine all set up now !
    Regards
    J

tried RLV's from the source in Holland - they are excellent - especially mt Ventoux
    link http://www.real-life-video.nl/index.php/en/prices/
  • I'd update to the latest release of the software as 3.0 will have a lot of bugs. Just make sure you go through each update incrementally and set a restore point before running each update.
    Tacx are selling a few older (2 years maybe) RLV/Ergos for 18 Euros at the moment which might be worth a look and might suit your requirements. I've not tried the cheaper ones linked to above.
  • Thanks both i will order the Le Mont Ventoux 2011 and take a look on the tacx site as aell
    Thanks again for the reply's