New XT brakes

supafly1982
supafly1982 Posts: 631
edited November 2011 in MTB general
the latest ones, do you run them inboard or out board? the levers are pretty small and atm fingers clash with the shifters, but ive shortened the hoses so it will need a bleed,

what position are you running them in?

Comments

• Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    /Edit are you on about the ones which have BMX size levers I have heard mentioned somewhere?

Mine are set up as per the below picture, this is set up for 1 finger breaking with Max leverage, I could not get another finger comfortably on the lever if I tried, not without compromising grip anywa. (don't let those over sized grips fool your perspective, the width of my hand is from the end cap to the shifter lever, I have since gone back to regular grips)

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac11 ... C00028.jpg
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    surely its up to personal preference? Run what ever suits yo best?
  • yeah the levers are tiny lol, not sure im keen on them
  • I run the xt m785's and don't have an issue with them. I have enough room to get to the shifters and 1 finger brake although I could see me having a little difficulty when I start wearing my Sealskin gloves

Matthew
  • Matt are you running them inboard or outboard?
  • Hi Matt, i bled mine today and thats the way i set them up due to the small lever, funnily enough i have the same grips, brakes and shifters, same colours lol
  • lol

I'm very pleased with these brakes and upto now I've been running them on a Shimano's Deore rotor but I finally got my IceTek rotors fitted today
    Rear 160mm
    IMG-20111119-00333.jpg
    Front 180mm
    IMG-20111119-00332.jpg

Roll on monday morning when I finish my last night shift and get togo out into the Peak District to bed them in :twisted:

Matthew
  • awesome, i did plan to get some of those at some point :)