Back Again

Wallace1492
Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
edited November 2011 in Commuting chat
Well, looks like it works again for me.

2 off's in last 2 weeks, 1 on single speed on diesel on Garscube Road, the other when switching "on" my second handlebar light while night MTBing at Glentress, I manged to switch the first one off and plunged into the woods at a rather alarming rate in the pitch dark, but "luckily" a tree stopped me. 4 stitches in Galashiels casualty, still it didn't stop me riding Innerleithan the next day.

Was going to ask when people thought of self removal of stitches, but too late now as I just did it. Most said to see a doctor, but it took seconds with nail clippers.

In light of injury was off road bike last week, and so looks like my target of 6,000 for the year may have gone, and Undercover has taken back the lead in our pesonal quest and may kee it..... but there are still miles to be ridden!
"Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"

Comments

• Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    the other when switching "on" my second handlebar light while night MTBing at Glentress, I manged to switch the first one off and plunged into the woods at a rather alarming rate in the pitch dark, but "luckily" a tree stopped me.

Sorry - laughed when I read this. Couldn't help it. Was laughing with you, rather than at you though. Heal up soon!
  • Undercover has taken back the lead in our pesonal quest and may kee it..... but there are still miles to be ridden!

It was always going to happen soon enough as you go into hibernation. I just hoped it would happen in a more gloatable way, still, I have some holiday left so perhaps you can claw things back and make it more interesting. ;)
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Ouch! Been in the warz there, Wallace. Heal fast*

* looks at stats
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Wallace1492
    Undercover has taken back the lead in our pesonal quest and may kee it..... but there are still miles to be ridden!

It was always going to happen soon enough as you go into hibernation. I just hoped it would happen in a more gloatable way, still, I have some holiday left so perhaps you can claw things back and make it more interesting. ;)

Not so much hibernation as just not putting in the extra now that the light nights have gone. Your daily exceeds my daily by 10 miles. So to even stay level I need to do 50 miles extra a week on top of commute, can get about 30ish on MTB, so still leaves me trailing.

Maybe I should just MTFU and do some longer commutes home, go for the 6,000.
  • Undercover has taken back the lead in our pesonal quest and may kee it..... but there are still miles to be ridden!

Not so much hibernation as just not putting in the extra now that the light nights have gone. Your daily exceeds my daily by 10 miles. So to even stay level I need to do 50 miles extra a week on top of commute, can get about 30ish on MTB, so still leaves me trailing.

You fall for that one every time... :lol:

Like I've said before: I'm not competitive over stats, I do my commute every day but I'm not likely to do much over and above that - I'm only recording them out of curiosity. If you were to try and ride faster than me, however... :twisted:
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778

yes you should... still plenty of time yet 750 in 6weeks is very doable. Give it a punt, you'll feel great if you make it. If not internet shame and the knowledge you could have done if you tried.

oh.. and I'm glad you're ok
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Wallace1492
    Clever Pun wrote:

yes you should... still plenty of time yet 750 in 6weeks is very doable. Give it a punt, you'll feel great if you make it. If not internet shame and the knowledge you could have done if you tried.

oh.. and I'm glad you're ok

Only problem is the office moves to Edinburgh at start of December, and that will call a halt to my cycle commuting. And dont even think about saying that will be extra miles! Too far, plus as I get made redundant just before Xmas, not worth setting up some sort of cycle to train station, as no showers at far end. To get the 6k for the year is achievable, but its not an obsession..... honestly!
  • Was going to ask when people thought of self removal of stitches, but too late now as I just did it.

Ahhh the Scotish way :lol:
  • Torvid
    Torvid Posts: 449
    Was the cut from the silly peak you MTBers like on your helmets? :)

Glad your okay and 6K should be do able just tack a loop on the end of the commute.
    Commuter: Forme Vision Red/Black FCN 4
    Weekender: White/Black - Cube Agree GTC pro FCN 3