Dartmoor Classic cyclosportive

Ron Keegan
Ron Keegan Posts: 41
A timely reminder to bikeradar readers who are planning to ride the 2012 Dartmoor Classic and haven't yet booked their place; since the on-line entry system went live on Oct.30th, over 2300 riders have already signed up. The event is always oversubscribed and it currently looks like it's heading for another sell out - only this time, earlier than ever before. For full details visit www.dartmoorclassic.co.uk

Comments

• Entries have just passed two and a half thousand. Last time entries were limited to 2600 and we're currently considering a small percentage increase in that figure, but it wo'nt be much. If you want to be sure of a place, best get registered soon at www.dartmoorclassic.co.uk

Thanks to all who have already committed to the ride.

Cheers
    Ron
  • bam49
    bam49 Posts: 159
    glad I looked in the sportive sub forum today and spotted this. I know the event is v popular but I still did not realise that places are filling up so quickly - just entered this morning and entry list is over 2500 now..
    Superb event and a great day out for riders and family - and I think the speedy entrance rate speaks for itself..
    thanks Ron - and all at Mid Devon CC
  • Yeoer
    Yeoer Posts: 45
    Your right, the fact it has filled so quickly is testament to how good it was last year.
  • Thanks barn49 and Yeoer for your posts. Themaximum of 2600 entries has just been passed and we've decided that we can handle another couple of hundred riders, without it damaging the event's reputatiom for delivering a quality experience. Therefore, entries will close at 2800. We know this is less than the other big sportives but we won't compromise our standards. Good luck to all who make the cut this time and looking forward to giving you a big Mid-Devon C.C. welcome next June.

Cheers
    Ron
  • jmillen
    jmillen Posts: 627
    The Dartmoor Classic is now fully booked. All 2800 places are gone

There is however a reserves list which you may be interested in signing up to if you missed a place:

http://www.dartmoorclassic.co.uk/booking.html

Looking forward to it already :D
    2010 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon
    2014 De Rosa R848
    Carrera TDF Ltd Commuter
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    I've signed up for this, and it will be my first sportive.

I'm running a compact with a 12-25t on the back. Fitness\weight isn't great (at the moment but hoping to improve that). Anybody who's done this think that a 34-25 is adequate for the climbing?

Cheers,
    FJ
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • Lookyhere
    Lookyhere Posts: 987
    It is for a fit and strong cyclist but ...... i would suggest a 12 27 or 11 28, assuming Shimano, you wont need a longer chain so its an easy upgrade and you ve got a get home gear if you ve bad day.
    i know all the climbs well and the climb up to Holne is hard and long, no point killing yourself so early on. The climb from Tavistock back onto the moors for the return leg of the 106m route is also very hard (but shortish) and you ve still got 2 long - 12% - climbs up to Princetown, and then another 2 long but steady climbs before the 12 miles of downhill to the finish.