Inevitable Marmotte 2012 thread

ketsbaia
ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
edited November 2011 in Commuting chat
In the absence of a search function, and with the full knowledge that I totally wimped out this year, is anyone up for having a crack at the Marmotte next year? I think I've forgotten enough about the last time to seriously consider it again.

Can we have an initial display of bravado/interest/borderline insanity please?

Comments

• jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    RAH!!! Bring it on.

Maybe. Depends. Ouch, was that a twinge in my knee?
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Was easy. Might do it again just for the iced tea :twisted:
    Steel Blue Fixed - Orange Backpack Cover

How do i get a link to a photo in here?!

Fixeh
  • timmyflash wrote:
    Was easy. Might do it again just for the iced tea :twisted:
    There was iced tea? Damn I missed it.

Well done to any of you repeat Marmotters. Very impressed. I shall not be repeating the Marmotte - six months of doing nothing but work, eat, train and sleep was DULL and the event was excruciatingly painful.

Happy to return to the Alps to continue my much loved sport of col-bagging though with the emphasis on views and cold drinks at the top rather than pain and stress.
  • Marmotte - You either love it or you hate it.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    meh, if it wasn't so close to Ironman I'd be tempted.. would make a nice training ride though ;)
  • RickyG
    RickyG Posts: 58
    Happy to return to the Alps to continue my much loved sport of col-bagging though with the emphasis on views and cold drinks at the top rather than pain and stress.

I'll be doing the above in 2012 but I did thoroughly enjoy the Marmotte, which maybe implies I should have tried harder (although the bottom of Alpe d'Huez was not fun). Strava.com now provides me with all the training motivation I need so I didn't really mind the training rides either.
    Strava name: Richard Gawthorpe
  • Marmotte - You either love it or you hate it.

:D wish I'd said that.

Don't know what all the fuss is about though - I reckon I could ride down it anytime without any training.
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • Is it high, this Marmotte thingy?
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    A bit, yeah. Nothing steeper than Swain's Lane or Sydenham Hill, though.
  • Chadders81 wrote:
    Is it high, this Marmotte thingy?

If you can do Box Hill 3 times, you're there.
    Steel Blue Fixed - Orange Backpack Cover

How do i get a link to a photo in here?!

Fixeh
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Not the Marmotte but today I registered for the Etape du Tour, from Albertville to La Toussuire. Vertical mile in the first 40km according to the blurb. If the fog would just clear, I might head out to the Park to start training :wink: