Astana II

Doobz
Doobz Posts: 2,800
edited November 2011 in Pro race
Vino Saying its more than likely there will be an Astana feeder team next year.. Pretty good for the sport..
The Kazakh cycling team Astana 38 years, Alexandre Vinokourov, has given an interview to the website Astanafans to assess the 2011 season, his future and analyze the recently concluded review I Track World Cup in Astana. "The organization was perfect to win a major project like this, "replied Vinokourov asked about the World Cup. "It's the opportunity to encourage children to engage in track and that we can achieve Olympic medals in the future." The web Kazakh Vinokourov also asked about the decision of the UCI to ban cyclists combine their professional contract with the office of Astana team manager: "I'm still a cyclist, and I will work for it. I'm coming off a injury [fell on the ninth stage of Tour] and I have much work ahead to get my best. Make decisions Martinelli , the current team manager goes into the background. "On the possibility of competing in the Olympics, 'Vino' said his program is not yet decided," I have even weeks to prepare and design the calendar season, I can not confirm anything. " One of the Kazakhstan cycling projects for years, is the creation of a second cycling team to allow young riders grow. In recent months, the so-called Astana-2 has been confirmed. " The Federation has asked the UCI license and, in financial terms, only depends on public statements approving the budget of Astana World Tour. I hope you finally meet the deadlines and have the next season the Astana- 2. It would be a very important step to promote cycling in our country and the young riders would be easier. " The rest of the interview assessed the season Vinokourov arguing that the lack of results "was due to bad luck . do not think the project has fallen. "For next season, Janez Brajkovic will be the main reinforcement while the team continues to rejuvenate the project Egor Silin and Guarnieri.
http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/no ... p?id=44874
cartoon.jpg