For Tea I'm Having...

2»

Comments

• DF33 wrote:
    I had a Bradford curry. Yummy

So which is the best one now ? I was a student there 20 odd years ago...mmm I remember you could get a curry then for about three quid. (Puts on best Yorkshire accent) tell that to kids today. They just won't believe you.
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    It's all changed Redjeep.
    The old stalwarts like Kashmir, Sweet Centre, Karachi etc etc are all pretty average now.
    The 'chains' that weren't chains as only one branch in Bradford back in the day such as Ackbars, Mumtaz etc all do central kitchen sauces vanned out daily to the branches. TBH it's generally sh1te compared to the curry and three chupatties on formica for a few quid like it used to be.
    I tend to buy in Leeds as live there and there are a couple of excellent little takeways the cab drivers use and they are still good.
    Mine came from Ambala in Bradford tonight which is a choice of some cab drivers in Bradford and is really good for a takeaway depending on what you get.
    Maybe another thread is beckoning on this one?
    Peter
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Coupla garlic butter portabello mushrooms with some fresh chopped parsley
    HUGE salmon fillet (enough for 3 or 4) pan fried with some seasoning, creamy mash and green veg. Drizzle of lemon juice
    Waitrose new york cheesecake.

Bit of salmon left for a creamy pasta mushroom sauce tomorrow.

I love eating so f*cking much but it never goes anywhere. Still a lanky 70kg. Just wanna be a bit more muscley....
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    I had left over chilli, it was nice.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Something cheap, like value pasta and value tomatoes. Maybe with a bit of value cheese grated on. To drink I'll be having Cheshire Spring.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Something cheap, like value pasta and value tomatoes. Maybe with a bit of value cheese grated on. To drink I'll be having Cheshire Spring.

Aldi pasta sauce is 23p and bloomin lovely it is too. We have it with fussilli chopped up frankfurters, courgettes, peppers and chestnut mushrooms. Really nice meal, healthy and about £2 for a family of 4 8)
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    prawny wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

Aldi pasta sauce is 23p and bloomin lovely it is too. We have it with fussilli chopped up frankfurters, courgettes, peppers and chestnut mushrooms. Really nice meal, healthy and about £2 for a family of 4 8)

Try adding tinned Ratatouille (?) and a bit of smoked sausage...at worst peparami will do!

I had a big fat chicken salad bap last night with herb mayo... but did have a huge plate of venison stew and roasted new potatoes for lunch.
  • coriordan wrote:
    I love eating so f*cking much but it never goes anywhere. Still a lanky 70kg.

I hate you with a passion you cannot imagine !! :lol: I just have to look at a Mars bar and I put on 2lbs !

Curry tonight, home made..... should gain half a stone off that ! :(
    A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it

Canyon Aeroad 7.0 summer missile
    Trek 2.1 winter hack
  • Mine turned out to be Morrocan Chicken - forgot that was even in there. Very nice though!
    2007 Trek 1.2
    2014 Genesis Equilibrium 20
  • prawny wrote:
    Aldi pasta sauce is 23p and bloomin lovely it is too.

I've recently been pleasantly surprised by Sainsbury's bog-standard, dirt-cheap (25p a jar) Basics curry sauce which is rather tasty and a good base for a cheap & easy tea (usually a mix of random veg in my case; meat doesn't agree with me during the racing season). Neither too bland nor too fiery-hot and although a budget item, not pumped full of E-numbers.

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    For DINNER I'm having: pasta, sauce, onion, pepper and mushroom. No meat tonight, the fridge is bare and M&S is 3 miles away!

For TEA I'd be 'avin' a chip butty and a cup of gravel. But I don't do tea (unless it's a proper Afternoon Tea with finger sandwiches (no sniggering) and cakes).
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Amusing "Tea" joke told to me by a former colleague (from Hartlepool):

Q: What's the difference between Upper, Middle and Working Class people?
    A: When you ask "What's your favourite tea?", an Upper Class person will reply something like "Oh, I adore Darjeeling", Middle Class will say "I find PG Tips quite nice" but a Working Class person will say "Pie and chips"

Boom and indeed, boom :mrgreen:

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • im having a freakin massive roast dinner with all the trimmings :D

mmmmmmmmmmm gotta put weight on somehow right? lol.
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • Teece
    Teece Posts: 138
    Homemade fish fingers made by my girlfriend's daughter.

No matter how I arrange that sentence it sounds wrong.
  • for a change - lentil and green bean soup - followed by homemade custard.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • EKIMIKE wrote:

Saw that on BBC Breakfast this morning. Not convinced.

David
  • Teece wrote:
    Homemade fish fingers made by my girlfriend's daughter.

No matter how I arrange that sentence it sounds wrong.

That's a new one on me. Homemade fish cakes I've tried before now. They always collapsed into mush during the frying stage. :(

David
  • Chargrilled veg, chicken & broccoli cheese. Yummy!
  • Fastlad
    Fastlad Posts: 908
    Just back from my local Witherspoon (5 minute walk) Sirloin steak, veg, a baked potato and a pint of Guinness. £9.99 8)
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    Steak and sausage pie, tatties, carrots and broccoli. Lovely.
  • cwm
    cwm Posts: 177
    brown pasta twirls quorn bolog
    now sharing my plods on
    http://www.strava.com/athletes/cwm
  • pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    Just back from early evening ride and making a hot chilli - om nom
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Made a toad in the hole with apples, mashed potatoes, onion gravy and peas and corn.

Not bad, but next time I'll make the onion gravy first, get the potatoes cooked beforehand and only then start making the batter.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Chargrilled veg

You mean burnt? :P :wink: