road bike?

2»

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Ah, fair enough, I thought you'd said you were riding on a MTB on the road.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Both. It's all boring :D
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    deadkenny wrote:
    Both. It's all boring :D
    :lol:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Got a road bike earlier this year to help with the endurance training for the Kielder 100 - it was a big help with training at constant heart rate, which is really difficult to do off-road.

My moutain bike was off the road for 8 weeks after Kielder due to a cracked frame (big thank you to Rutland Cycles for sorting everything out, as Iron Horse had gone bust and the manufacturer's warranty with it), and £700+ of wear & tear damage to the moving parts.

During that time I used my road bike a lot more and really enjoyed it. I commuted into work more (30 mile round trip) than I used to on an old mountian bike with slicks and got to see many of the backroads that you wouldn't in a car.

I find that by having both a moutain bike and a road bike, I get out riding more than I would just having a mountain bike.
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    DodgeT wrote:
    I've always liked the look of good road bikes, have you seen kaise's in the for sale section, that is nice :D
    If i'd got the spare cash, i'd buy it just to look at.

cheers for the vote of confidence, just wish someone wanted to buy it! i've reduced the cost as well to entice a sale!
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    I got myself a cheap road bike last year and enjoy it almost as much as my mtb, its brought my fitness on especialy on hills. The only regret is that I didn't spend a bit more and get a better spec bike.
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    Whatever you decide, just remember that fit is about a million (rough estimate) times more important on a road bike than a mountain bike... Having a road bike that really fits properly makes the whole experience a world more enjoyable.

I bought a TT bike a month or so back in the Canyon sale and even coming from a more roadie background it takes a world of getting used to. Get a road bike with aerobars if you fancy going down that route!