nickname rides?

mr joey
mr joey Posts: 427
edited November 2011 in MTB general
just wondering do any of you nickname certain rides eg, yesterday we went to the lakes,we met in the car park where there was a dead badger against a wall so we have named it "dead badger ride" so the lads and myself know wich one it is or are we a bunch of sadoes :D

Comments

• Yep, couple of riding buddies and I do the same. We have 'rabbit path' due to always seeing (funny enough) rabbits there. Plus there is the 'sneaky singletrack' at the side of some local woods, named so as no one else seems to use it. Finally we have 'hobo trail' as one day we found a tramp sleeping on a mattress there lol.
    Allez 16 - bad weather / turbo trainer
    Tarmac Expert SL3 - test colours
    Dogma 2 - ex Team Sky
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    We have one called Tim's drop, as that's where he cracked a few vertebrae and ended up in intensive care.. .
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Not so much rides as sections... Trailbuilder's prerogative, we get to name stuff ;) But not all the names appear on the maps, frinstance I don't think the FC would like "The Wedding F**ker" on the Glentress map.

There's a bit on a local trail where I'm waiting for someone to be killed, so we can name it after them.

A wee bit I built locally is called Trumpet Weed, because it's made entirely of roots. (How do you deal with trumpet weed? You root it oot)
    Uncompromising extremist
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Our local rides include:-

Fanny magnet
    The Stig
    Gerald
    Oooyerfoooka

amongst others
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • We have 'the three kings' as there are three large hills we cycle over, one being kingley vale
  • mac_man
    mac_man Posts: 918
    For anyone here that owns a Ragley Blue Pig, it's named after a local Calderdale trail that takes you down to the 'Blue Pig'. Which is, in fact, a pub (of sorts).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/portlandbill/440608615/
    Cool, retro and sometimes downright rude MTB and cycling themed T shirts. Just MTFU.

By day: http://www.mtfu.co.uk
  • LOL this is funny.

We have the 'Beamish Burn' named after my neighbour Mr G Beamishwho has been riding the same loop since he was a lad!
    MY CUBE
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12785430

Cube ltd race 2011.....enjoying the grt outdoors no matter the weather (except snow I just can't move in the snow)!
  • Northwind
    mac man wrote:
    Ragley Blue Pig

Likewise Mmmbop.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Cow Piss. guess why.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Northwind
    Goes past the stella brewery?
    Uncompromising extremist
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Northwind wrote:
    Goes past the stella brewery?
    Almost worth a smiley.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Northwind
    I shall rest happy tonight.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    We have a Jeremy Hill, named after a chap called Jeremy who having ridden with us for four hours without taking in any sugars/salts etc bonked halfway up the hill with a full body cramp and couldn't move for 10 minutes. Quite funny, but he was in a lot of pain and completely paralysed

I think cyclist are fairly geeky by nature, so pet names for routes to make them feel cooler is always going to be popular.