Etape Eryri

licko
licko Posts: 72
Anyone seen this? www.etapeeryri.com The 120 miler looks pretty good. The short route is a fave training ride of mine, some pretty amazing views on a good day.

Comments

• Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Ref: "For more detailed route information click on the race info page."

Shame they have made the event a race and thereby only applicable to those with a cat license. Perhaps, they should consider opening the entry criteria :wink: ...and letting everyone know the price would be good too.
  • Good spot Licko, first I've heard of this.
    From what I've just read it is a sportive, not a race, quote from event rules "The event will be run under the British Cycling Cycle Sportive Rules" whatever they are! (I'm not aware of any licence for sportives)
    I'm local to the Eryri area (Bala) and I have to say the 120 mile route sounds like a real brute, I did the Gran Fondo Cymru a few times but this looks a lot harder and already in my opinion looks a more attractive event than the Etape Cymru. Might have a go at this one.
  • T.C.
    T.C. Posts: 495
    Right on my doorstep, looks like a good route,
  • licko
    They have updated the website wit hprices etc. The 120 miler seems to have lost a few miles!
  • They've done away with the Bwlch Y Groes section and in my opinion it now looks like a more sensible/achievable route.
    Of course it would have been nice to have a sportive go over Bwlch Y Groes, but I think the original route would have been too hard (well, for me anyway).
    By the way, not wanting to put any ideas in anyone's head but what's stopping you signing up for the short route and then riding the long route? Aren't medium and long routes normally the same price?
  • licko
    Different start times and different prices would seem to rule out swapping distances mid-event.

The long route is certainly less hilly than the Etape Cymru in October, the gradients are a bit less severe, can't see it being too difficult.