FSA crankset worn teeth

puppiesdanglybits
puppiesdanglybits Posts: 101
edited November 2011 in Road beginners
Apologies if this is a stupid question but only had the bike a month & done less than 300 miles, heard noises today & when I have looked several teeth on largest ring have almost gone, others seem ok, I am taking it this is not normal, anyone else suffered similar?
Chain has been lubed each week with a quality lube.
I assume Lbs where I bought it should sort this after such a short tome foc
Any help much appreciated

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    do the make a sequence? not all teeth are the same shape and size so as to aid shifting.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Will check that out thabks
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Easy mistake to make. If you look at a new chainring about 25% of the teeth are either very short or have a different profile, as Nicklouse says, to aid shifting.
  • Diogenes
    Diogenes Posts: 1,628
    keef66 wrote:
    Easy mistake to make. If you look at a new chainring about 25% of the teeth are either very short or have a different profile, as Nicklouse says, to aid shifting.

If the noise is still there then get the cable tensions checked. Normally a bike shop will ask you to bring the bike back after a couple of hundred miles to take up the slack on the cables which tend to stretch slightly from new.

D :D
  • Thanks guys, took bike back to lbs who were superb, checked everything out & adjusted cables which sorted problem with noise out, apparently I have done a fair few miles on the short tome I have had it (road is very addictive-) )
    Also found rear wheel was not true which again was sorted & all foc with a bring it back on a couple of months to check it over, can't fault them
    Now so pleased I made move to road from MTB, pleased no real issues & already working on the wife for upgrades :D
  • Diogenes
    Diogenes Posts: 1,628
    Thanks guys, took bike back to lbs who were superb, checked everything out & adjusted cables which sorted problem with noise out, apparently I have done a fair few miles on the short tome I have had it (road is very addictive-) )
    Also found rear wheel was not true which again was sorted & all foc with a bring it back on a couple of months to check it over, can't fault them
    Now so pleased I made move to road from MTB, pleased no real issues & already working on the wife for upgrades :D

Good news, if you manage to find a way of convincing the good lady on the essential nature of upgrades, let me in on your secret :D

D :D
  • Lost a load of weight already, she likes the new look & fitter me means more stamina :D