Seconds from FAIL

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,064
edited November 2011 in Commuting chat
What was going to be a lovely ride almost turned into a total disaster, my right Look cleat had worn so badly that as i began the start of a fast attack on a hill my foot came out, throwing my balance out causing me to wobble violently from side to side for about 50 feet, with both feet dragging along the road whilst trying like crazy to stay upright.

NASTY nasty experience, I turned around came home and removed the Look keo pedals, time to try my speed plays.

Ruined my lovely sunny winter ride.
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    well that will teach you to ride when you're not commuting....... :evil:
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    If you decide your Speedplays are pony too I'm in the market for a pair. I might also go and buy some new cleats for the Time RXSs on the commuter. After 2 years they're starting to shot some wear too :(
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    A friend of mine had a similar experience just yards in front of me as we started a sprint, scared the bejesus out of me as I had been boxed in so had to hold my line and pray that it stayed at "pear shaped" and didn't turn into a big pile of limbs and bike parts that I couldn't avoid...

...I was lucky that time.

PS First post in months [waves] Hello everyone, I see you've redecorated, looks good
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • itboffin
    Attica wrote:
    A friend of mine had a similar experience just yards in front of me as we started a sprint, scared the bejesus out of me as I had been boxed in so had to hold my line and pray that it stayed at "pear shaped" and didn't turn into a big pile of limbs and bike parts that I couldn't avoid...

...I was lucky that time.

PS First post in months [waves] Hello everyone, I see you've redecorated, looks good

Yes I didnt get to finish that story when I spoke to you yesterday, there were loads of police outside the station. Good to see you back anyway.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • attica
    You causing terrorist alerts again? :)

So how are you getting on with the Speedplays?
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • itboffin
    Attica wrote:
    You causing terrorist alerts again? :)

So how are you getting on with the Speedplays?

I think it was the Queen and dunno about the pedals yet, when i finally get some time off work (inc weekends) i'll give them a go.
  • attica
    The Queen causing terrorist alerts!

Cripes
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"