1st November bike accident - Haymarket

richVSrich
richVSrich Posts: 527
edited November 2011 in Commuting chat
Hi All,

got an email through from LFGSS about someone trying to return a bike following an accident last week.

full message below and link to contact if you are the rider who was involved (hope you are ok!):

body
LFGSS to the rescue, hoping that someone out there can help out.

We've had a post on the forum this morning trying to return a bike to a rider involved in an incident last Tuesday (1st Nov).

The full message is this:

Last Tuesday evening (1st Nov), roughly 6pm, there was an accident involving a cyclist on Haymarket nr the junction with Charles II Street. I arrived just after the event, so didn't see what happened - the rider was out cold on the deck. When police arrived, they dumped his bike some yards away at the side of the road. My only experience of a serious accident is a bike nearly going missing at hospital so I volunteered to keep it safe in my nearby office and the police/ambo people would make sure he got my details. I rode past a bit later - the rider was being treated and said he would call me

Having heard nothing since, I am rather concerned communication broke down somewhere and indeed whether I did the right thing in the first place.... I found this forum whislt wondering what to do - the bike is a fixed gear bob jackson frame, with single front brake and clipless pedals, size medium-ish. Damage is minimal, I think: the front wheel looks a bit dodgy.

So, if you the rider are on here, then first of all I hope very much that you are OK and please get in touch. If anyone else reading knows who this might be, please post. I really, really want to get the bike back to its owner and am a bit stuck, hence this appeal. Any other ideas would also be appreciated

Thanks for reading

If anyone knows the rider then could you please point them to the thread below

http://www.lfgss.com/thread75446.html

Please spread the message via Twitter, G+, etc if not.

Thanks,

Velocio

Comments

• Just been reading through the link and the owner has been found :D
    Taken from LFGSS:
    First off, a big thanks to whoever was good enough to stop and help. I hope I spoke to you but do not remember.

On Tuesday last, at about 6pm, I came off my bike quite hard on Haymarket. Due to a pretty serious head injury, I remember very little of that day. I split my head open, had and inter cranial bleed and broke my clavicle. Luckily I am going to be just grand.

I also, up until half an hour ago, thought I had lost my bike.
    New Malden to Epsom Downs
    60 percent of the time, all of the time
    Wilier Triestina
    Canyon Ultimate CF SLX
    Rose Xeon CW-3100 Di2