Yet another 'What bike Question' - No I can't use search

symo
symo Posts: 1,743
edited November 2011 in Commuting general
OK,

CycletoWork coming to my employer- a large German HQ'd company. I don't want to join as I do not want to stay here for 12 months, however a friend and colleague of mine wants to join. He needs a road bike (DROPS!!!) with eyelets for racks and guards so that he can do some training and also to eventually do Manchester to Blackpool on.

Being as I can't check every website, I know many of you here love doing that so what do you guys recommend?
+++++++++++++++++++++
we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    symo wrote:
    OK, being as I'm lazy and can't be arsed to check any website...
    FTFY
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad, no need for that. In my opinion, asking for some ideas on a cycling forum is a perfectly reasonable way of starting a search for a bike.

Symo, have a look at the Ribble Winter Special. They might also call it the Audax or something like that.
  • symo
    Yeah, I already di bt yes they look good value with a 105 groupo. As it will be with Cycle to Work not through the company that does it; i am unsure as to what Ribble would be like to deal with directly through that.

Oh and cooldad, time is precious and I am not that interested in learning about a load of stuff other people have researched for their own purposes, especially as I am not partaking of the scheme. I can use the search but to be honest most poeple on here can probably think of a few ideal candidates without any thought.
    +++++++++++++++++++++

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    symo wrote:
    Being as I can't check every website, I know many of you here love doing that

Apologies. I didn't realise you were just being kind to Googleaddicts and helping them get their fix.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • symo
    ah 'do a barrel roll' and all that.

Yes they do need their fix http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbXciBKcfQ8
    +++++++++++++++++++++