Charge mixer 8 - 2011 Bottom Bracket

eggzenbeanz
eggzenbeanz Posts: 31
edited November 2011 in The workshop
Hi,

I have a charge mixer 8 – 2011, The Bottom bracket sounds like it needs replacing.

I need a BB-ES25 as linked below @ 68mm. But I can't work out which width 118 or 126? There's not much between the two!

68mm – 118mm
68mm – 126mm

http://www.madison.co.uk/productinfo.as ... =VARBBES25

Also is there an equivalent Hollowtech BB I can use instead?

cheer

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    it depends on the cranks which you need (take the arms off and measure the axle length. Or ID the the cranks with a Part number, and no there is not unless you change the whole set up and then you can fit anzthing you want.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • The Mixer should be fitted with Alfine cranks, which are Hollowtech. Not the BB you've linked to. The link is for an ISIS BB.

All Shimano Hollowtech BBs are the same, just different spacers to make the BB wider / narrower.

Make sure you get the correct one. Hollowtech and ISIS are not compatible.
    It's not the winning or even taking part. It's the arsing about that counts.
  • The Mixer should be fitted with Alfine cranks, which are Hollowtech. Not the BB you've linked to. The link is for an ISIS BB.

All Shimano Hollowtech BBs are the same, just different spacers to make the BB wider / narrower.

Make sure you get the correct one. Hollowtech and ISIS are not compatible.

Thanks, that's the one