Moving house.

justinworley
justinworley Posts: 5
edited November 2011 in Commuting general
Hi All,
I might be moving house and this will result in a 20-25 mile commute each way. Basically along the old A20 from Larkfield to Greenwich (London). Does any one do a commute of this lenght regularly or even this one?
I'd be interested to hear if you do or how feasible people think this is. I do about a 15 mile commute every day and do put the miles in at the weekend on my road bike.
Cheers Justin

Comments

• You'll be fine! for 2 years I was commuting from Frimley to Bracknell. Started of 3 days then upped to all 5 after about 3 months. In July the office moved to Reading so the commute is now 20 miles (40 per day) again, started off 3 days for the first few weeks now am up to 5 days. Legs do get a little tired towards the end of the week but no real worries. I'm in my 50s and a big old lump of an ex-rugby player. Easier on a road bike and have good Ay-up lites so you will be grand!
    Would get down on the drops more if the gut wasn't in the way!
  • Cheers Drawblood, you put my mind at rest, I'm going to do a few weekend dummy runs before we commit to the move. Then there's the small matter of convincing the wife that the house is nice!