ressurecting the ghey/gay thread...

ddraver
ddraver Posts: 26,683
edited November 2011 in Commuting chat
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media ... 59617.html

Read this as an "out of the closet fan" of the show - I have to admit the comments under it startled me greatly!

I saw the show yesterday as the illegal website I use to watch some shows here is ahead of the UK and there really was nothing "Sexual" about it at all, as far as I could make out, neither couple even took their tops off!!
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    ddraver wrote:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/tv-radio/singalonga-sex-education-6259617.html

Read this as an "out of the closet fan" of the show - I have to admit the comments under it startled me greatly!

I saw the show yesterday as the illegal website I use to watch some shows here is ahead of the UK and there really was nothing "Sexual" about it at all, as far as I could make out, neither couple even took their tops off!!

Yeah, but ya know, certain Americans...
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Thanks for reminding me to d/l this; with the mid-season break I had forgotten it was back.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,373
    ddraver wrote:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/tv-radio/singalonga-sex-education-6259617.html

Yeah, but ya know, certain Americans...

Indeed. America is massively conflicted about sex! Hold the front page! Bet Murdoch had a wry smile at being accused of being part of the liberal conspiracy. :lol:
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    But yet True Blood is celebrated...

Isn't doggy and anal banned in some states while prostitution and marrying your Cousin in the very same States legal?

Anyway, will western society ever move past homosexuality being taboo? I don't know. The Romans didn't have a problem with it. What I do know is nothing was more graphic than that Torchwood gay sex scene earlier this year. I didn't have a problem with it being two men, just that it was a little early for something so steamy.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Isn't doggy and anal banned in some states?

You know some filthy policemen suggested that, with the hope that they'd get to police that.
  • DonDaddyD
    There are few better jobs where you're paid to sit and watch people.... doing stuff....
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    There are few better jobs where you're paid to sit and watch people.... doing stuff....

Is one of the better jobs being paid to...do stuff?
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • DonDaddyD
    Nope, because you might have to work with someone you just don't like. Whereas you don't mind watching them doing the stuff, just not to you...
    Food Chain number = 4

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    I once heard a tale, perhaps a bit tall, that a bloke in Oklahoma was imprisoned after it came out in his divorce hearing that he'd had oral sex with his wife in the privacy of their marital bedroom.
    He was only let off when his lawyer pointed out that he would receive a shorter sentence for having anal sex with a dead donkey in the middle of the town square.
    I haven't checked this on Snopes, so it may be cobblers. Made me laugh though.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,373
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Nope, because you might have to work with someone you just don't like. Whereas you don't mind watching them doing the stuff, just not to you...
    Surely that still depends who is doing the stuff (from an aesthetic point of view). Or does the stuff trump any and all aesthetic failings? :?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • DonDaddyD
    I think it's a little from column A and a little from column B.
    Food Chain number = 4

• prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I think it's a little from column A and a little from column V.

FTFY :P
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017