Rip off dogma

markyone
markyone Posts: 1,119
edited November 2011 in The bottom bracket
I know this has been spoke about before,but this is the worst one i have seen.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pinarello-Dog ... 3a6c3f6860
http://pinarellochina.com/index.php/fra ... d.html?p=2

How on earth is he getting away with asking that much for a fake?
Thats over £1300 profit :roll:
Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
Pinarello F8 with sram etap

Comments

• *shakes head in wonderment*
  • kev77
    kev77 Posts: 433
    joke
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    The craziest thing is that these things have been known to fall apart. I get the whole carbon from the same place but the lack of QC and testing allows me to have the view you'd be mad to buy one. Just an opinion of course but I saw that thread on WW where the guy lost his teeth etc on a fake Chinarello.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    I'm tempted to ask a question
    "are you taking the p1ss?"
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Nice pics of a similar looking frame here - http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... 3&start=15
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    WOW ^^

just cant get my head around how much he has it up for sale for.
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    Just an opinion of course but I saw that thread on WW where the guy lost his teeth etc on a fake Chinarello.

On the plus side, he supposedly got some genuine titanium plates put in his face after the accident.

I really don't understand the market for these things. If you can find a cheap but genuine OEM frame that's also sold by a high profile brand at an inflated price, fair enough. But a blatant fake with fake stickers made by a random company? Who is this supposed to fool?
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    I was tempted to offer £479.99 for it via the "make offer" button!! Better not though just in case he accepts

Check the feedback - nothing in the past 6 months and only one in the past year. I'd suspect a hijacked ebay account and a low offer compared to the £1800 price may just get accepted - someone may get scammed out of £500-£1000 or so i guess.
  • Leesykoi
    Leesykoi Posts: 338
    Worrying thing is i have some more expensive ones on e-bay. More fake dogma's on e-bay than legit at the moment.

Understand there are markets for more economical items and fair play to people that make and buy them but i don't agree with labelling them as something they are not.

Before people cry out .... i have a humble Pinarello FP5 and would dearly love a Dogma........ One day when i can comfortably afford one and more importantly deserve one !!!!!!!! :wink:
    I like shiny bikes - especially Italian ones.....!!
  • Wirral_paul
    Some mug paid £1,100 for it!!!!
  • Leesykoi
    Leesykoi Posts: 338
    Oooops just seen a typo on my post !!!!

I have 'seen' more on e-bay NOT have 'some' on e-bay !!!!!!!! :oops:
    I like shiny bikes - especially Italian ones.....!!
  • I was tempted to offer £479.99 for it via the "make offer" button!! Better not though just in case he accepts

maybe an eyes wide open bid at that value makes sense as a winter bike?
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    Some mug paid £1,100 for it!!!!

Standby for another "I've been ripped off" thread. :wink:
  • Wirral_paul
    Mad Roadie wrote:
    I was tempted to offer £479.99 for it via the "make offer" button!! Better not though just in case he accepts

maybe an eyes wide open bid at that value makes sense as a winter bike?

I'd rather go direct to the original vendor and pay the same price - even if there was a bit of additional postage to pay. I'm really pleased with the FM028 i bought direct from China - actually just finishing painting it at the moment. Garage is warming up as we speak ready for the final coats. Cost was just over £300

There's another Chinarello on there now.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Road-Race-Frameset-Team-Edition-Bike-54CM-56cm-immediate-delivery-/260883468989?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&var=&hash=item826642e949#ht_3974wt_821
  • Hi- Is this still for sale?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles