I can't edit my posts

thered1999
thered1999 Posts: 117
It's only happened today, I was logged in on 2 pc's, editing on one, then forgot and tried eiting on the other PC too, since then I haven't been able to edit.
Help greatly appreciated
Mike

Comments

• Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    Which forum were you in? We turned it off in classifieds as scammers could alter their posts after goods had been paid for. But you should be able to edit in other forums.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • Classifieds, I was using it to delete stuff that was sold from a clearout, it was working earlier today.
  • same here in classifieds

I thought I wasn't meant to make new posts into my own for sale thread, as it would appear as if I was bumpning it. So I would normally edit the OP to show what was under offer and what was sold. I normally add that to the start of each line so that the original post details remain for people to reference.

I thought I'd been following the guidelines correctly, could you verify how I should proceed in future please?....thanks
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    Where's supersonic (his idea!) when you need him :D . If you have to update your thread it shouldn't be a problem, given you can no longer edit.

Edit: I'll turn edit back on in the classifieds. We'll discuss it further tomorrow.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    thered1999 wrote:
    Classifieds, I was using it to delete stuff that was sold from a clearout, it was working earlier today.

This was the prime reason why I didn't want an edit function. You delete the ad, then a buyer has no comeback at all, unless they save the advert. In the past people have edited them and scammed people. Not saying you would do this! I would rather have the original advert in place, with full prices in view, plus any subsequent revisions, so can be viewed by all. Also allows users to get an idea of price for items they want to sell, very useful.

When items have been sold in the past many people post a new post. The admin and mods have not classed this as bumping, nor adding ammendments.

To me this is the best way forward.

Of course we will discuss this!