swapping my tyres

parksy78
parksy78 Posts: 28
edited November 2011 in MTB general
I've got my first uplift day Friday at FOD, and I'm torn between changing my stock rubber queens 2.2 for a set of WTB stout and prowlers 2.3. Will the small size difference help or are the queens better quality rubber( not chilli). And I'm riding a spicy if that changes anything.
Cheers
Still looking for the uphill that's as easy as the downhill!

Comments

• beverick
    beverick Posts: 3,461
    Rubber queens...I don't remember switching into a different forum but I must have.......

Bob
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    if you use the Conti's all the time, i would stick with them i.e. if it aint broke...
  • Cheers. Queens is it then. Unless I can blag some sticky 2.5 off my brother! !
  • quick update on the rubber queens. SHIT in the mud, My god that was an eye opener. i slid from top to bottom am now going to look for some proper mud tyres but am getting confused the more i look at tyres. I gather that wet screams are the best mud tyres but rubbish for roots and rocks. so what are the best compromise tyres for somewhere like FOD where theres loads of roots and mud?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    What Tyres - the ultimate question and no real answer other than whatever works for you. So many choices and there will be so many opinions.

Me - Minions up front and High Roller at back usually, all year round. Nothing scientific about it and I'm sure it's not the best, but I like it and copes with mud, roots and rocks okay as well as dry and loose.
  • timpop
    timpop Posts: 394
    I also have the Spicy with the Rubber Queens 2.2. My last ride was really muddy and I was sliding all over the place. I am going to change them for something better for the mud. I haven't decided yet either as there are so many choices out there. The Rubber Queens were great all summer though so I'll put them back on in the spring.
    Many happy trails!