Ipod/ MP3 player tech help

j_l
j_l Posts: 425
edited November 2011 in The hub
A question for techy types

I finally got my new car, it comes with an Ipod docking station that interfaces with the satnav/ radio / phone etc, one issue, I don't have an Ipod and the one I tried only lists track 1,2,3,etc etc, (apparently this is down to the file type the car can not read the file name etc), however the lower spec version of my car comes with a USB port in place of the Ipod dock and does list the artist name/ track title etc,

my question is can you use a standard MP3 player (of any generic type) and get a lead that will convert the MP3 players port to Ipod style port and then connect to my car.

Thanks in advance.

Jon
I'm not old I'm Retro

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I would have thought it's a case of popping the stereo head unit out, and replacing your 'iPod' lead with a universal one.

It depends on the stereo though I suppose.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • j_l
    j_l Posts: 425
    Unfortunately not, the sound system is fully integrated with in the car there is no real head unit to speak of, I have tried to remove the docking unit but it looks like you have to remove half the glove box and a lot of other kit to get to it not really an option on a brand new motor.

thanks all the same
    I'm not old I'm Retro