Cav at Revolution - what kit will he wear?

JustinLeeAtkinson
JustinLeeAtkinson Posts: 335
edited November 2011 in Pro race
Anyone any idea what kit Cav will be weraing in Manchester on 19th November? Presumably his plain HTC kit (i.e. not world champion of course as he is on the track, not the road) But isn't he now officially Team Sky so wouldn't the sponsors require him to be in their kit?

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    The contracts run for 12 months from January 1st. So you're right, he'll be in HTC.

*Unless he's riding for a "Team GB" team, obviously.
  • Dont think they have national teams at Revolution do they? So, yeah, think we are both right re HTC kit. Shame, was quite looking forward to seeing him in ordinary team sky colours, as of course he will be in the rainbow jersey for the duration on the road.
  • rick_chasey
    I'm sure you'll see it come the prologue in Qatar.
  • big_p
    big_p Posts: 565
    my tickets turned up this morning, quite looking forward to it.
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    Road team contracts are not applicable on the track I thought. Cav could be riding for Rapha for all it mattered. Suspect he'll be riding for Sky though.
  • It'll be Team Sky, with the likes of Chris Hoy and Vicky P etc. Then they'll have Team GB as well
  • Richj
    Richj Posts: 240
    Thomas, Kennaugh and Dowsett are named as the Sky riders on the revolution website. So Cav is either riding for one of the other teams or he's isn't taking part in the main race as such and will do a guest event.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Cav's riding for Team Howies. I wouldn't be surprised If he did wear the rainbow jersey. I've certainly seen track riders there wearing rainbow jerseys while competing in events other than the one they're reigning WC in
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I dont think its a 'proper' track event - so I think he'll be in a WC jersey ? Thats what the crowd want to see after all ?
  • graeme_s-2
    cougie wrote:
    I dont think its a 'proper' track event - so I think he'll be in a WC jersey ? Thats what the crowd want to see after all ?
    Yup - just like when the winner of the TdF wears the yellow jersey in post-Tour crits
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    I think the team sponser (the one he'll race for in Rev) will want Cav in one of their jerseys as opposed to a HTC WC jersey. Cant see it happening.
  • graeme_s-2
    When I've been at Revolution before I've seen riders warm up in their trade gear, and then stick their Revolution team jersey on just before they race. Would work well for this allowing people to see the rainbow jersey and give maximum exposure to howies.
  • I know what he wont be wearing, he's rather commendably put his HTC Jersey up for auction for the Raisin Hope Foundation.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • big_p
    He's got an htc world champion jersy on, I'm sat watching him warm up now
  • Getty
    6fca12c903da7be9cad7a2ee2350d465-getty-133496232.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Getty
    fc1bd2f207220010356fce29b46ddd08-getty-133488550.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • big_p
    it was a good night out, he won the 15k scratch race in fine style.

PB197287.jpg

not great photos, they were going to bloody fast for my naf slr.

http://s746.photobucket.com/albums/xx10 ... =slideshow
  • rick_chasey
    So was it a proper track win or a post-season keep the punters happy win..?
  • big_p
    no it was a proper win, the pace was mental, geraint thomas made a realy early break and pulled out half a lap lead for about 25 laps, then when he was caught one of the other sky riders did the same, cav was close to the back for about 3/4 of the race then came up to about 4th or 5th wheel and held that position, as the front rider would peel of to mid pack, he would just ease of a smidge to maintain 4th or 5th, on the last corner of the race he came of the bank in 3rd and took the sprint finish.

the event is shown on itv4 on monday night.
  • Evidently he'll insist on riding a Specialized track bike in 2012 as they are the frame he has had the most track success on this year. Expect countless 'stories' by tame Specialized friendly media outlets going into loads of tedious detail about this..... :roll:
  • Errrm.... why doesn't my ITV4 clip play?
    The older I get the faster I was
  • Keith Oates
    Keith Oates Posts: 22,036
    I expect that Specialized will by him a Christmas present for insisting on riding their bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ride Daily, Keep Healthy
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    I expect that Specialized will by him a Christmas present for insisting on riding their bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Great to see top quality riders from Wales in the scratch :D Geraint leading out Kennaugh only to drop him :D then Jon Mould leading out Cav very strongly for the spring finish with Luke Rowe pushing Cav all the way.
    Shame another top welshie Sam Harrison had awful crash in 1km maddison as he is going well also.
    Credit to Cav for all the interviews and photo shoots he did up there with fans and youngsters.
  • I expect that Specialized will by him a Christmas present for insisting on riding their bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, they are his official team bike sponsor until 01/01/12 so not really a surprise to see Specialized stickers on it. :roll:
  • Keith Oates
    Keith Oates Posts: 22,036
    I expect that Specialized will buy him a Christmas present for insisting on riding their bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, they are his official team bike sponsor until 01/01/12 so not really a surprise to see Specialized stickers on it. :roll:
    I was actually replying to your statement where you said:

"Evidently he'll insist on riding a Specialized track bike in 2012 as they are the frame he has had the most track success on this year. Expect countless 'stories' by tame Specialized friendly media outlets going into loads of tedious detail about this..... "

I was not really talking about the bike he was riding at the Revolution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ride Daily, Keep Healthy