Getting slower

alamb200
alamb200 Posts: 74
edited November 2011 in Commuting general
Hi,

I have been using my old road bike to commute 10.5 miles to work and back since mid summer and was usually in either fifth or tenth gear all the way but lately I am starting to find myself slipping down the gears until I am more often then not in fourth or third.

I know the weather is deteriating but would that have this affect? I am still tired and in a muck lather when I get to work or back so I am putting in the same amount of effort.

Any answers gratefully received.

alamb200

Comments

• It could be that your cadence automatically have increased and therefore using a lower gear at the same speed.
    Or your body needs a week with low mileage or a total break - possibly you need a break, since you say you're tired when arriving at work.
    Or you're like me, bicycling in open landscape with high speed winds. At least in Denmark the autumn is much more windy than the summer.

Like you the wind is picking up here but probably not to the same levels you have.

Thanks for your help.