Orange Five AM
GT Avalanche Expert

P1030036.jpg

P1030035.jpg

P1030042.jpg

P1030045.jpg

Issues/opinions.....
CUBE
The RP23 had to go back as it was pi$$ing oil from new. The freewheel went on the Sun Ringle hub after a couple of months, duly replaced with a Hope II evo. Forever going over the bars, so I've added high rise bars and a stubby stem to bring my weight further back which seems to be working and is a lot more suited to my riding style (ex BMXer from 30 years ago and not touched a bike since). The gear mechs don't like the mud and crap and get very clunky on wet rides. All in all the bike is light, fast and a real stunner.

GT
No issues on the GT other than the shifters/gear mech don't like the highest gear. The headset/forks are fast in, not sure how I'm going to get them out to service the bearings :( Rear pads finally replaced after 18 months front ones still fine :) Great touch/feel from the Shimanos and a great bike and great value as I purchased it for £150 second hand although it had just sat in someones bedroom and had never been ridden!!!

Orange
I lost 3 of the 4 chain ring/guard retaining bolts which I just noticed when the 4th was falling off, which I just managed to tighten to get me home! The Hope V2's have amazing stopping power, however the organic hope pads are pants and lasted less than 100 miles (replaced with sintered) . The bike is very heavy, and at first was a bit of a bitch to pedal on normal trails. When I drop the forks down to 120 (to help on the climbs) I have a touch too much weight on my hands so I may upgrade the stem to add a more height (already added the high rise Renthals). The forks took a while to bed in, and for me to get them adjusted right. But now they are really plush which means I now have a point and fire missile that I simply steer in a straight line and hold on to when attacking fast technical descents :)
Orange Five AM
Cube AMS 100
GT Avalanche Expert