Llandegla at night

welshkev
welshkev Posts: 9,690
edited November 2011 in Routes
hi guys, i'm up in north wales again next week. what's llandegla like riding at night? do many people do it? also what time does the car park shut?

nice one

kev

Comments

• Carpark normally closes at 6, except on a Wednesday

if your doing a night ride do it on a Wednesday, theres lots of people up there as the cafe's open later and they put on a BBQ roast aswell

That is all i know!
    Work Hard, Play Harder!
  • Previously I would have said that darkness is a very good think for Llangegla as it makes it a bit less dull. But some of the new trail sections look more challenging than they used to be so I may not do my first run of the black at night, but rather do it in the daylight.
  • welshkev
    i've ridden therea few times before so i know the trail raesonably well, just wondering as to whether there'd be many other people riding it at night? at cwmcarn you get loads
  • pj101
    pj101 Posts: 31
    Absolutely packed on a Wednesday night. You can see the trail of lights through the forest for miles. Once the car park goes to the single late night of a Wednesday I tend to do my night riding elsewhere.
    Having said that, if you're happy with Llandegla at weekends then Wednesday night is no different.
    Don't get me wrong, I like to ride Llandegla, and tend to do an evening weekly ride there March-Oct. I just avoid it when it's busy, much the same as I do with Tesco.
  • welshkev
    pj101 wrote:
    Absolutely packed on a Wednesday night. You can see the trail of lights through the forest for miles. Once the car park goes to the single late night of a Wednesday I tend to do my night riding elsewhere.
    Having said that, if you're happy with Llandegla at weekends then Wednesday night is no different.
    Don't get me wrong, I like to ride Llandegla, and tend to do an evening weekly ride there March-Oct. I just avoid it when it's busy, much the same as I do with Tesco.

cheers mate, it's changed now and my job has been cancelled in n.wales. i've never been there on a weekend i usually stop there on the way up to work and it's usually a weekday