rubbing front brake

jsync
jsync Posts: 120
edited November 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
hi,

i recently bought some oro k24 to replace my noisy juicy 3s, a good improvement. however, the front rubs and is noticably firmer on the lever than the rear. i assume this is because there is too much fluid in the system and i need to bleed a little at the lever end by undoing the bleed screw and prising the pads apart a little. but before i do can someone tell me i'm right.

thanks

kev

Comments

• bigpee
    bigpee Posts: 205
    Exactly the same brakes I bought to replace my Juicy 3s! So much better and more confidence inspiring. Not sure if bleeding is the answer though - have you checked the lateral adjustment of the caliper? Loosening these screws and moving the caliper until it is properly aligned with the disc should stop the rubbing.
    Current bikes:
    Norco Sight 3 SE (on order)
    Specialized Allez 2010

Old bikes:
    Commencal META 55 custom build (Stolen :( )
    Boardman HT Comp 2010
    GT Avalance 1.0 2006(ish)
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    jsync wrote:
    hi,

i recently bought some oro k24 to replace my noisy juicy 3s, a good improvement. however, the front rubs and is noticably firmer on the lever than the rear. i assume this is because there is too much fluid in the system and i need to bleed a little at the lever end by undoing the bleed screw and prising the pads apart a little. but before i do can someone tell me i'm right.

thanks

kev

just use them they will come ok. Presuming that they are set up right. you could push the pads/pistons home and reset them.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • jsync
    jsync Posts: 120
    thanks for therepies, i havetried to entre using the loosen and apply method. i have yet to do it by sight as i find it difficult to see he gap. i had readsomewhere else on the forum that there can sometimes be too much fluid, which explains why i cant push the pads back fully.