Apologies another Bike fit question

zippy483
zippy483 Posts: 104
edited November 2011 in Road beginners
Firsty I know there are many such questions here and indeed on just a little further down the board from this one, I don't want to detract from the other posters questions though

So here goes quick bike fit question

I'm 5ft 11 and a bit so looking at the Evans website it would suggest I require a 56cm ish frame size, but using the guidance on the ribble website it seems my inseam (crotch to floor length) is about 86 cm suggesting a frame size of about 60cm ??? now which is closest to me would you think

(I always thought I had an inside leg measurement of 32 inches but this would indicate 34 maybe that's why my pants look like the cats died)

I obviously intend to visit a few shops to seek some advice but seems I'd like to have a ball park figure so that i have an idea as to whether I'm getting the right ball park advice :)

Cheers
Zippy483

Comments

• Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    I'm roughly the same size as you and my 2 bikes are a 56cm and a 55.5cm frame. However, stem length and seat height/position will make a big difference too. I'd suggest going along to Evans and try out a few mainstream bikes (Giant, Trek, Specialized etc) to get a feel for it. You'll soon start to work out which one feels better than the others.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.