Which is better picking scabs off/bursting bubble wrap

sufferingpete
sufferingpete Posts: 524
edited November 2011 in Commuting chat
Which is better picking scabs off/bursting bubble wrap

So far the advantages of bubble wrap
don’t get a blocking for bleeding on the bed sheets
When you’ve finished get another sheet
The scab does not leak and re attach itself to the inside of your tights so that when you take them off the scab comes off.
The advantages of road rash
More satisfying than bubble wrap.
Stops scabs re attaching them selves to the knee cap making movement painful.
Racing is rubbish you can\'t relax and enjoy it- because some bugger is always trying to get past.

Comments

• notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Suddenly the name "Sufferingpete" makes sense...
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    I'll let you know when the bubble wrap I lined/repaired the knees of my waterproofs gets shredded next time I wipe out on the ice. Scabs win if I get any, bubble wrap wins if I don't.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • big_p
    big_p Posts: 565
    edited November 2011
    it all depends on the size of the scab/bubblewrap in question, if it's a small scab and you only have the small bubble wrap, then the scab takes it all day long, plus you dont feel so sick when you eat a small scab, but however if you have the large size bubble wrap, the kind with the big bangs, then surely the wrap take's it. and what sick freak wants to eat a giant scab anyway.
  • big p wrote:
    it all depends on the size of the scab/bubblewrap in question, if it's a small scab and you only small bubble wrap, then the scab takes it all day long, plus you dont feel so sick when you eat a small scab, but however if you have the large size bubble wrap, the kind with the big bangs, then surely the wrap take's it. and what sick freak wants to eat a giant scab anyway.

+1 what sort of freak wants to eat bubble wrap...
    Commute: Langster -Singlecross - Brompton S2-LX

Road: 95 Trek 5500 -Look 695 Aerolight eTap - Boardman TTe eTap

Offroad: Pace RC200 - Dawes Kickback 2 tandem - Tricross - Boardman CXR9.8 - Ridley x-fire
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    we dont use bubble wrap in my work any more, they use a magical goo which solidifies within about 20 seconds only issue is it gets pretty warm as its going off

im thinking of making a willy mould for use when i make Christmas pud

i miss popping bubble wrap
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Don't have scabs to pick at as I use hydrocolloid patches and I don't have the plague :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Neither. Extracting blackheads wins every time.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Neither. Extracting blackheads wins every time.

+1

especially ones that leave a big hole in the skin when you get them out.

That or spots that haven't got a head on yet that let go with a proper crack love them. A good combination of the 2 is unadulterated joy!
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    mudcow007 wrote:
    we dont use bubble wrap in my work any more, they use a magical goo which solidifies within about 20 seconds only issue is it gets pretty warm as its going off

We sometimes use this stuff:

instapak_quick_rt_foam_bag.JPG

http://youtu.be/V-WBhRpOPjk
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    mudcow007 wrote:

We sometimes use this stuff:

instapak_quick_rt_foam_bag.JPG

http://youtu.be/V-WBhRpOPjk

aye thats very much like the stuff we use but ours is a big machine with big metal drums that feed a bag with the "goo" inside

i was experimenting with it last night an burnt my hand....i think the "willy mould" is off or i might end up with 3rd degree burns
    Keeping it classy since '83