New West Midlands Sportive

Cleat Eastwood
Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
Just seen this on Kilotogo's FB page.

A handy sportive to try and win if you're in the area.

http://www.kilotogo.com/index.php?option=event_detail&event_id=36

Entries open 12 noon, 10th November at www.kilotogo.com
As an added bonus, the voucher code in the image above gives the first lucky 300 entrants a whopping 20% off the entry price, but you need to be quick! The voucher is valid from 12 noon 10th November until 23:59 14th November and is strictly limited to the first 300 riders (which ever comes first).

the code is mercia2012
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.

Comments

• prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Cheers for the heads up, will enter tomorrow!
    Not many sportives around my way. This one goes about 1km from my front door!
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • prawny
    Entered! 8)
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    I must be a tight git because I wouldn't pay ~£28 to ride a route that goes 1km past my door on the basis that I have done most roads many times around where I live. I have done a few audaxes in the Cotswolds that have offered a new twist on an old theme (so to speak) and they have been great... but have cost ~£4 a go.

Still, you pays your money and makes your choice. Enjoy the ride, seems like a long way off at the mo but I said the same about Christmas at the start of the year and look where we are now :)
  • prawny
    Meh, it doesn't use many of the roads I normall ride because I go north and west normally this starts south west of me and my house is the most noth westerly point of the course.

It's not really about the roads though for me, it's about being part of something, bit of (non)competition and commerarderie(sp?) To me if I was forking out £50 in fuel to get me to the start of a ride why would I want to pay another £30 to ride my bike, expensive day out then :wink:

Also, I'm going with a buddy who's doing his first sportive so we're only doing the 50 miler and I got 20% off so £18 isn't too bad.
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I'd ride this just to meet Cleat Eastwood. One of my favourite comedians! No one has come close to making me laugh as much as him on here. Just his (usual) Sid James avatar makes me chuckle. [/mancrush]
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    I think there will be some fun on that Sunday morning as the Wolverhampton Wheelers (My Club) always leave from Aldersley on Sundays for our Club ride, so make sure you get in the right group :lol: :roll: :mrgreen: or you'll be going out with the A group :roll: :o
  • prawny
    I'll definitely be in a numbered group, becuase they will have run out of letters by the time they get to my speed.
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • essexian
    essexian Posts: 187
    Interested in this but for some strange reason, I can not open the route map on either of my computers (and yes, I did sign in as requested!)

Does anyone have a copy of the 50 mile route done on a different mapping site they could post please.

Many thanks.
  • prawny
    essexian wrote:
    Interested in this but for some strange reason, I can not open the route map on either of my computers (and yes, I did sign in as requested!)

Does anyone have a copy of the 50 mile route done on a different mapping site they could post please.

Many thanks.

http://ridewithgps.com/trips/442528

Have fun!
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • essexian
    essexian Posts: 187
    Thanks Prawny

All roads I know well: indeed did the Penkridge to Great Chartwell bit on Saturday on the way to Snifnal!!! Still cleaning mud and cow droppings off the bike! These roads are very small and not really suitable for large groups of cyclists!

The road up hill from Tong to Bishopswood was in a right state last time I used it (needed resufacing badly) whilst the road to Codsall is full of manic car drivers: I hate it.

Not sure if this route is for me but thanks again for posting it
  • prawny
    Yeah I was assuming the wolverhampton bits of the ride will be not that great and there's a couple of roads up by me I would have avoided but I thought it was ok overall. All of the lanes round by me are covered in shite at the moment, I looked like I'd done Paris-Roubaix after the evans ride the other week, surprised I didn't get e-coli.
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017