2012 Trek Madone 5.9

mudshark
mudshark Posts: 30
edited December 2011 in Your road bikes
Picked this frame up a couple of weeks ago to replace my 2009 Madone 5.2 frame as I had problems with the seat mast cap. It seems stiffer than the previous frame but still comfortable enough. Need to cut down the carbon steerer though.

These aren't supposed to be available in the UK yet but was lucky to get this one, am told it's the only one in the country but not sure about that.

005.JPG

Comments

• siamon
    siamon Posts: 274
    I've ridden a 5.9 and thought it was confidence inspiring ride. Good choice.
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    Love Madone's, think they look and ride great.

What's going on with the angle of your bars and STI's, it may be the angle of the photo however they look like they need to be rotated forwards and up a bit. Also your saddle looks tilted up at the front and is not level, suppose it's cheaper than contraception!
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • Seat is level, but I've been trying the bars in different positions as I have small hands and rotating the bars forwards a bit helps with braking. I've ridden it on 4 or 5 club runs now and it feels fast compared to the Lemond I've had for a few years but also compared to my previous Madone I think.