Please please change the font

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited November 2011 in Commuting chat
On the forum main page where all the threads are listed. I can't read it, it's dreadful. Whoever thought that font was a good idea needs to be removed from the Internet.
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    +1 it looks cluttered and is not easy on the eyes.
  • guys... you can of course change the font that your machine displays for web pages - chrome is very easy and ff easy.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    What is this technowizardry of which you speak? Define "easy" for someone who can just about switch on a PC....
  • guys... you can of course change the font that your machine displays for web pages - chrome is very easy and ff easy.

Luddite time.

In FF, how? And if I do that, will it change the font for all web pages or just BR?
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • ff (latest version) - top left orange firefox button - options - content - change the default font
    chrome - spanner icon top right - options - under the bonnet - customise fonts
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    ff (latest version) - top left orange firefox button - options - content - change the default font
    But the font is specified in the site's CSS file, in other words the site's code tells the browser what font to use. So changing the default font of the browser wont work (I don't think).
  • suzyb wrote:
    ff (latest version) - top left orange firefox button - options - content - change the default font
    But the font is specified in the site's CSS file, in other words the site's code tells the browser what font to use. So changing the default font of the browser wont work (I don't think).

I've set them to what i like so long ago that i've no idea if sites are all in my fonts or not. Some part of me always thought the browsers could override - obviously potentially ruining any styling points the site may have but it was your choice as the viewer.

Reading a bit more it seems it doesn't if the styling is set in the way i've described above but you can also set your own custom css within both ff and chrome now to do these overrides.

edit: so you def used to be able to the way above as such - but not anymore - you have to go the more technical route of personalised css files - http://www.keyvan.net/2010/10/helvetica-on-firefox/
  • ff (latest version) - top left orange firefox button - options - content - change the default font

Yeah, see, now, you've lost me right there.

I tried FF4.0. Didn't like it. Went back to 3.6.xx.

New is bad. Change is bad.

Bring back DOS 3.0 and WordPerfect 5.1. That worked. It didn't have Styles that have a mind of their own, and it had automatic paragraph numbering that didn't make you want to kill something. And you could easily left, centre and right justify all on the same line.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • wordperfect...

get back to the mill.
  • Jehannum
    Jehannum Posts: 107
    Also, changing the default font in Firefox 6 on windows XP makes absolutely no difference to what font is used on the main page.

:-(

J.
    Reduce your carbon footprint - ride a metal bike!