Old-Timer Just Signed Up! Hello!

Moreyn
Moreyn Posts: 124
edited November 2011 in The bottom bracket
Hi All,

Just signed up to the forum, I'm 63, years young and love riding my bike, too old to get back in to TT or any kind of cycle racing, but too young to stop cycling! Hope to learn and participate in the interaction of the forum community; and I'm already enjoying reading some of the topics posted on this forum!
Pleased to be with you; and hope to be accepted as a participating member.
Regards
Moreyn

Comments

• cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Hello and welcome Moreyn.
  • Welcome, I hope youre not too old to enjoy the odd girl in lycra. Funny thing is though you join on the day most forimites are saying "I remember the old days....when the forum looked better". :)
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Welcome aboard, it appears we need some new blood to replace those throwing their toys out of the pram over the new look. :P
  • Welcome to the Cake Shop.

What are your favourite cakes? (I like anything that doesn't have coffee in.)
  • Moreyn
    Gentlemen,

Thank you for the welcome, very kind of you all!
    New Blood? well I'm certainly new to this forum; and age doesn't stop me from looking at a well turned Ankle! Cake stop, stop. Stop, I love the stuff, including Coffee & Wallnut, SWMBO makes a Chocolate & Orange cake with Jaffa Oranges squeezed and the Zest added to the mixture, believe me, this cake is unbeatable!! I'm really lucky, as I'm just about 11, stone in weight; and can eat what I like and seem to stay at or arround the same weight.
    So pleased to be a part of your cycling community!
    Thanks
    M
  • -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    Hi Old timer - welcome.

I'm not that far behind you (probably on the road aswell as age).

-Spider-
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Hey Hey !!
    Welcome along !! Good to have some new blood, as we appear to have lost some today. Hope you've got a thick skin :wink:

(for gods sake, dont' tell DD that there is new blood here !!!)
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    MattC59 wrote:
    Hey Hey !!
    Welcome along !! Good to have some new blood, as we appear to have lost some today. Hope you've got a thick skin :wink:

Thanks Matt, here was I just about to welcome a new member and say that no-one is too old for TT as it is you against yourself ,then you cast aspersions on my good character and make my comments worthless...

Love n hugs

DD

(*wave to Old-Timer*)
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    Hey Hey !!

Thanks Matt, here was I just about to welcome a new member and say that no-one is too old for TT as it is you against yourself ,then you cast aspersions on my good character and make my comments worthless...

Love n hugs

DD

(*wave to Old-Timer*)

There she is, thought you'd be along soon :wink:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Moreyn
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    Hey Hey !!

Love n hugs

DD

(*wave to Old-Timer*)
    Hi DD,

Not too old! Just too damn slow these days! Did manage to get under the Hour for a 25, miler - but that was back in the 1980's these days I'd be happy to get over every hill, without having to alight from the stead! maybe do some Audax or even some Sportives? Thanks for the welcome.

M
  • Moreyn
    MattC59 wrote:
    Hey Hey !!

Matt,

Nice guys like us, have no need of thick skin!

Regards

M
  • DIESELDOG
    Moreyn wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    Hey Hey !!

Matt,

Nice guys like us, have no need of thick skin!

Regards

M

Oh I think you're going to fit right in here :D

Love n hugs

DD

• You are welcome and it seems that others are dealing with your initiation. Just one question.....how are you about eccles cakes?
    The older I get the faster I was
  • DIESELDOG
    You are welcome and it seems that others are dealing with your initiation. Just one question.....how are you about really weird pastry filled with dead insects?

FTFY

Love n hugs

DD

• Moreyn
    You are welcome and it seems that others are dealing with your initiation. Just one question.....how are you about eccles cakes?

Accepted Then??

Eccles Cackes ? Ilke em!

Even with the insects DD, love Ya More.