emseens
emseens Posts: 146
My eyes is starting to hurt :/

Comments

• projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    emseens wrote:
    My eyes is starting to hurt :/

It looks just the same, albeit more polished.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Akuma
    Akuma Posts: 22
    I have to agree emseens, the topics index especially seems more cluttered and slightly more difficult to read. Maybe it's the font, or perhaps the row spacing, I'm not sure.
  • emseens
    It's font and color + small letters.
    Posts is easier to read, but titles...
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    We haven't touched the design yet - it was an out of the box one. Reason being that we needed to make the forum work first before changing the look.

I'm actually finding it a lot more readable than the old forum (bigger font, verdana not arial) but that's not going to be universal.

Could you post a screen grab so we can see what you're seeing?
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • emseens
    http://bildez.lv/bildes/emsens/forum/or ... 870250.jpg
    mark topics as read is to small
    color scheme is wrongs
    those frames is to big
    http://bildez.lv/bildes/emsens/forum/or ... 870586.jpg
    this section is better then last one
  • emseens
    just notice commercials between the posts, put those at the bottom or somewhere else
  • i agree about the commercials, wish they were at the bottom or side. Overall, i love the new look though. Sometimes an upgrade monitor helps. It's not just this forum, it's the computer world and for the most part all programs are being programmed for 20"+ screens. Larger screens really help the layout.
  • CrackFox
    CrackFox Posts: 287
    I can't understand why you would make the ads so intrusive and irritating that the obvious response is to install ad blocking software. Surely this is counter-productive?
  • I thought this was gong to be a thread about STW :lol:
  • New forum is looking brilliant lads, good work. Hope all the updates and improvements go well, oh how I remember the fallout over the last "OMG WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO OUR FORUM" nonsense. How many have been set up as a response to this update ;-) All the best.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    CrackFox wrote:
    I can't understand why you would make the ads so intrusive and irritating that the obvious response is to install ad blocking software. Surely this is counter-productive?

Surely counter productive is to hide them so you can't see them? Well at least from the point of the advertiser... or maybe the people who want to see the ads. At least you have a choice with most browsers and add ons out there.
  • CrackFox
    CrackFox Posts: 287
    supersonic wrote:
    At least you have a choice with most browsers and add ons out there.

Indeed. Chrome Ad*Block is my new best friend. And it's a win-win: users get to browse without anxiety and irritation, advertisers avoid associating negative emotions with their brands.

*I know sites need ad revenue, but ads can be clever and persuasive. Those mid-page ads are like selling honey with bee stings.