Hope Moto V2 Bleeding Issue

Jimbob_no5
Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
edited November 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Having a slight problem bleeding the rear brake just now. Just upgraded the hoses to a full goodridge set purely for looks been a bling tart an all, anyway, i've bled the front and it's biting spot on where i want it to, used the same process of bleeding for the rear and it just will not bite at all, lever comes right back to the bars and just bites on the disc, there's no leaking, no air in the system and everything is tight, any ideas how i can solve this problem??

Ta muchly

Jimbob
Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
1) Drink is not my friend
2) D-Locking cnuts ;)

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The pads may need 'advancing'. Try squeezing the lever repeatedly. If that fails, remove the wheel, and put something between the pads a little thinner than a rotor. Then squeeze again.
  • I had a similar problem with my V2's.

When you say there is no air in the system, how do you know? When I bled mine, I assumed I'd reached such a point with no air coming out, but then had exactly the same feeling you're describing. I bled them again pumping fluid around them for what seemed like an eternity but in the end, more air did come out.

Apparently, LBS dude informed me, there is sometimes a problem with the rear break with regards to a pocket of air forming somewhere (cant quite remember where)

Hope that helps