Explain the On One inbred frames to me.

vim147
vim147 Posts: 120
edited November 2011 in MTB beginners
Anyone able to tell me the difference between these 2 inbred frames to me and how it effects my riding.

Cost difference is about £60. Rang On One and got through a dummy who hmmm and arrr'ed.

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FROOIN26V3/on_one_inbred_swap_out_frame

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FROO26INSLT2NDGEN/on_one_inbred_26er_slot_dropout_frame_2nd_gen

I want it for light trails, single track, commuting and some cycle touring. will be using a rear mech not single speed. Will be running a 100mm fork and a rigid when touring.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Horizontal or vertical dropouts?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • On the swap out version you will have two sets of drop outs that you can use on the frame depending on if you want to run it geared or singlespeed.
    the the slot frame has horizontal dropouts with a gear hanger on, down side to this is if you remove your wheel you will have to line up the disc each time but on the plus side you will be able to adjust the wheel base on the bike

In short you really should get the vertical dropout model but either of these will do
  • vim147
    vim147 Posts: 120
    On the swap out version you will have two sets of drop outs that you can use on the frame depending on if you want to run it geared or singlespeed.
    the the slot frame has horizontal dropouts with a gear hanger on, down side to this is if you remove your wheel you will have to line up the disc each time but on the plus side you will be able to adjust the wheel base on the bike

In short you really should get the vertical dropout model but either of these will do

Which ones the vertical ? The cheaper one ?
  • Sorry the vertical is another version and is like you would see on most bikes. the swap out will have vertical drop outs when with the geared plates on

Get the cheap one!