PX Stealth

ChrisSA
ChrisSA Posts: 455
edited November 2011 in Your road bikes
I've bough this to do the Outlaw iron distance triathlon next year. Aiming to get used to the position on nice days/turbo over the winter, then use it for each weekly long ride in the build up to July.

IMG_0009_sm.jpg

Frame: PX Stealth M
Forks: PX Stealth
Bars: PX Stealth
Stem: 80mm PX CNC
Headset: FSA Orbit

Front Brake Lever: SRAM 500 TT
Front Caliper: PX Ultralight forged
Rear Brake Lever: SRAM 500 TT
Rear Caliper: PX Ultralight forged

Shifters: SRAM 500 TT
Front Mech: SRAM Rival
Rear Mech: SRAM Rival

Seat: PX Superlight team
Seat Post: PX Stealth

Cranks: SRAM Apex
Chainring(s): Apex 53/39
Chain: SRAM PC1051
Cassette: SRAM PG1050 11-26
Pedals: Shimano PD-6700
Bottom Bracket: SRAM GXP

Front Wheel: PX AL30
Tire: Vittoria Zaffiro

Back Wheel: PX AL30
Tire: Vittoria Zaffiro

Weight: 8.4kg without pedals

Other info:
Cadence sensor/computer mount to be fitted. Some form of hydration system too (Inviscid Speedfil?).

Comments

• Get rid of all those spacers and cut the steerer down
  • ChrisSA
    Get rid of all those spacers and cut the steerer down

Ah yes, the idiot's guide to bike fitting :D
  • ChrisSA
    New photo following Bike Fit at Bike Science in Bristol. A marathon 3 hour session. New aero extensions.
    Stealth_sm_postfit.jpg
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724

For a multi sport event a too extreem TT position won't benefit the rider as they have to be able to run more than 5 steps after riding.
  • PhilPub
    PhilPub Posts: 229
    May I ask why you changed the saddle? I'm thinking of adapting my PX Pro Carbon SL road bike for TT/duathlon duties next year and I'm not convinced that the front of the PX saddle is the ideal shape for a good TT position. Did this have anything to do with it?
  • ChrisSA wrote:

Ah yes, the idiot's guide to bike fitting :D

Quality! :lol:
    Mens agitat molem
  • ChrisSA
    PhilPub wrote:
    May I ask why you changed the saddle? I'm thinking of adapting my PX Pro Carbon SL road bike for TT/duathlon duties next year and I'm not convinced that the front of the PX saddle is the ideal shape for a good TT position. Did this have anything to do with it?

It had lots to do with it.
    I found that my previous road saddle was a bit painful when on the tri bars on my road bike, so I got a Fizik Arione Tri2. When I went for my bike fit I took the Tri2 along and tested that alongside the PX saddle and some others (Adamo etc).
    Whatever you choose you'll want something longer and more padded if you're going to use tri bars. You'll probably want to slide it forwards to sharpen up the seat angle. That's somewhere between 78-80 degrees on the pic above - way steeper than I could get on my converted road bike.
  • PhilPub
    PhilPub Posts: 229
    Thanks. I've had a little play with bringing the seat forward (a good few inches to spare compared to my usual training set-up) and having a couple of spacers to play with I've got a fair bit of wiggle room for different positions. May end up being a bit of a compromise but clip-on aero bars are cheaper than a TT bike. Have fun on yours!
  • ben16v
    ben16v Posts: 296
    how does it feel after the fit? im gong to see andy next month and am really interested in what changes he`s gonna make
    i need more bikes
  • ChrisSA
    I hadn't ridden it much before the fit, so didn't have much to compare against.

However he took it from a position that felt stressed, and supported by my core to one that felt more relaxed and supported on my arms. I'd say he did wonders. I'm going to wait for a nice dry day before I take it out on the roads again though.