Enjoy your last sunlit commute until Spring

Kieran_Burns
Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
edited October 2011 in Commuting chat
'cos on Monday it'll be dark early :cry:

Still - make the most of it (and yes I know that there will be loads saying "but it's been dark at leaving time for AGES... but come Monday we'll all be looking for our lights)
Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
2011 Trek Madone 4.5
2012 Felt F65X
Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter

Comments

• meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337

Still - make the most of it (and yes I know that there will be loads saying "but it's been dark at leaving time for AGES... but come Monday we'll all be looking for our lights)

It's been dark in BOTH directions for a couple of weeks
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757

It's been dark in BOTH directions for a couple of weeks

you're in the Arctic circle and molest polar bears so you don't count.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • 'cos on Monday it'll be dark early :cry:

I work funny shifts so it's dark at least at some point or close to even in summer, at least a few times a week.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Ah... the long dark cometh
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Part of me gets used to the extra clue of headlights on approaching junctions etc and then perversely misses them when I go back to daytime cycling.

Still... bound to be more room in the bike shed come Monday.
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238

It has been magicshine time on my morning commute for at least a month .
    FCN 3/5/9
  • Highy
    Highy Posts: 38
    ^^^
    As above, seen some wonderful sunrises too and there's loadsa room in the bike shed and fewer pedestrians on the Humber Bridge.

Winter commute = win, win, win.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,509
    Maybe I'm just odd but I quite like night time riding, though not working at present means I'm not tied to morning/evening commute times, I just go out in the evenings for the hell of it :)

I'm also really enjoying doing mountain bike night rides which really adds an extra dimension to things off road - anyone who likes a bit of mud plugging should give it a go 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Working permanent night shifts, i've been in the dark so to speak :lol: for a while now.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Been dark down south for over a month.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • It'll be the first dark commute home for me as I'm always out of the door at 5pm. Although I've had the lights on for a few weeks despite not being dark, more to ensure they're ok and getting into the habit of putting them on, recharging etc...
    New Malden to Epsom Downs
    60 percent of the time, all of the time
    Wilier Triestina
    Canyon Ultimate CF SLX
    Rose Xeon CW-3100 Di2
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Mmm lights are primed and ready along with reflective spokes. More rechargeable batteries on order. Hope I manage to get some free Blackburn lights on Monday evening (even though I have more than enough front and rear lights) :roll: :)

Might (finally) test the Hope Vision 1 :twisted:
  • essjaydee
    essjaydee Posts: 917
    I work a flexi shift and usually finish about 4-430, so it'll be a dark commute home for me from now on.

Doesn't really bother me too much and quite enjoy night riding too :wink:
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707

But, for a few magic weeks its back to light mornings!!

Fitted 2 extra back lights yesterday, bringing my total up to 5. Don't use them all, (yet) but nice to have plenty of backup.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"