Cannondale caadx owners

JonBurns
JonBurns Posts: 212
edited October 2011 in Commuting general
For those who own one of these bikes. For general winter riding and towpath, fire road use, did you choose a smaller size than what you would normally ride a road bike.

I'm 5'8" and looking at the stand over height of a size 54 its 3cm taller than my medium tricross (although same TT) and I think be a touch to close for comfort.

The official cannondale geometry sheet states to drop down 1 size but the questions answered on the Evans website most comments are stick with normal sizing.

Interested in hearing your thoughts.

Comments

• sophidog
    sophidog Posts: 180
    well i'm 5' 10.5", or so the doc's just told me, and i got a 56 and feel quite comfy on it; OK standing, on the hoods and in the drops so happy really. The trouble i'm finding is that i keep wanting to go fast like i can't on the old Fuji.......
    i actually trawled all the questions on the Evans site about size for this model and wrote the answers down; after reading the list i ordered the 56. No regrets for me. Let us know how you get on.
    Their post-delivery customer service is non-existant when using their email facility; i'm still waiting for an answer from 10 days ago!! Once they've got yer money they don't care!!
    Road: Rose CDX-3000 Cannondale CAADX 105 2011
    Turbo: Fuji Nevada Mountain Bike(Y2K)
  • gadgets
    gadgets Posts: 100
    I am 5'7.5 :) and I got the 54 and definitely no room to spare :). The reach is comfortable though which made me keep the bike because the next size down is a 51.
    Synapse Disc 3 Ultegra '14/CAADX 5 105 '11