Insurance Cover for Bikes kept in a garage!

kevinharley
kevinharley Posts: 554
edited October 2011 in The bottom bracket
Hi there,

A few weeks ago, I posted this thread:

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... =insurance

The insurance company have, now, paid out, and we're about to get replacment bikes.

However, they are still sticking to the limit payable on future claims of £2000 from the garage, and say the additional 'Bike Protection' we have only covers the bikes to a greater amount away from home.

Our total bike value will be in excess of £2000 (not to mention other stuff in the garage) ... so, we need a new Insurance Company.

Has anyone got any recommendations about good value, proper home contents cover, including bike cover at home and away?

Thanks

Comments

• GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Phone M&S. They cover pretty much anything bike related as a part of their standard policy. There appear to be no limits to numbers.

Although quite pricey, it was cheaper than a standard insurance policy with additional bikes added.

I've been with them for 2 years and they have been great so far (but I haven't had a claim).
  • +1 for M&S, interestingly they were the cheapest bar one (Axa were marginally cheaper but didn't offer unlimited B&C) and M&S is actually underwritten by Axa. Comparison sites should sort you out a good deal.
    A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it

Canyon Aeroad 7.0 summer missile
    Trek 2.1 winter hack
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    +2 re M & S but when renewing do it on line and not just continue with same policy. I've just saved £70 on a £307 annual premium.
  • Word of caution with M&S, I insured with them a few years ago but had to claim last year. Since then they won't offer us the £4k per bike cover and will only cover bikes up to £1.5k each. Looks like we'll need to have a few claim free years before we can get the full £4k cover back.
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • Check out Direct Line as well. Best by a mile for me.