Nice Leather jackets

15peter20
15peter20 Posts: 293
edited October 2011 in The bottom bracket
Where can one get a nice leather jacket? I've looked in Ted Baker and Hugo Boss but they're too trendy - too many buttons and zips. I want fitted, not puffy, nicely worn and with collars. Kind of classic and maybe a bit retro. Oh and black. Any ideas?

Comments

• 15peter20
    15peter20 Posts: 293
    hmmmm

POP-M-JKT-LEATHER-BLK_1.jpg

this'd do. Wonder if anywhere on the high street I could buy.
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    Belstaff, Conduit Street, London.
  • BigG67
    BigG67 Posts: 582
    I've been mulling over some of these lately

http://www.wested.com/index.asp
  • but they can be a pest to gardeners

Leather%20Jacket%20-%20Tipula%20sp.JPG
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    but they can be a pest to gardeners

My opinion of that joke?

jazz460.jpg

Nice! :)

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    but they can be a pest to gardeners

Blurp, I have just been a little bit sick in my mouth.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • DavidBelcher
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    I have just been a little bit sick in my mouth.

Love n hugs

DD

Fortunately there's a term to cover such events;

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=vurp%22

;)

David
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,696
    It's a lil 2007.
  • mcj78
    mcj78 Posts: 634
    Depending on budget, if you're looking at new ones look up Lot78 - some of theirs are verrrry nice, loads of detail & top notch leather - if you don't find those expensive, look up Rick Owens.

Or if you're looking for nice vintage ones, try Lewis Leathers & Schott on the ebay worldwide site - bought a couple from the states in the past & they age really well & hold their value when you flog 'em on again! 8)

John
    Moda Issimo
    Genesis Volare 853
    Charge Filter Apex
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Unless you've just stepped off of a motorbike there's no excuse for a leather jacket. So there.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • DavidBelcher
    Unless you've just stepped off of a motorbike there's no excuse for a leather jacket. So there.

Also, you probably want to avoid looking like you belong in the Top Gear studios. ;)

David
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    Also, you probably want to avoid looking like you belong in the Top Gear studios. ;)

David
    Very much this. I'd fancied a Belstaff jacket for ages but the sight of Hammond and May wafting round the studio in them has put me right off...
  • mcj78
    mcj78 Posts: 634
    CHRISNOIR wrote:

David
    Very much this. I'd fancied a Belstaff jacket for ages but the sight of Hammond and May wafting round the studio in them has put me right off...

Yeah, not sure if a vintage one would fall under the same category - it'd probably be fine if it had broken glass embedded in the elbows & maybe some light blood staining, but if it was too close to the faux-distressed modern nonsense favoured by top gear presenters, footballers & leathery ageing models then steer clear I reckon. Can't complain though, I bought a completely wrecked one about 15 years ago for about £20 quid, then sold it a couple of years back for a couple of hundred as they were "cool" by then...
    Moda Issimo
    Genesis Volare 853
    Charge Filter Apex
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    CHRISNOIR wrote:

David

Except that they both ride bikes, often to the studios, so they're keeping it a lot more real!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • I was in the same situation looking for a jacket and eventually gave up trawling the stores and turned to ebay, found pretty much exactly what I had in mind and at a reasonable price.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    this ?

1087.jpg
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • DavidBelcher
    CHRISNOIR wrote:

David

And he's not even a real hamster, is he? ;)

David
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,407
    Depending on where you live, Camden and Camden market used to be good for leather jackets, just never pay the asking price! I've got 3 leather jackets in the back of my wardrobe, I thought each one I bought looked great, then slowly realised with each of them that they made me look like a twat, or maybe more of a twat!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattC59
    How old are you ?
    I'm 39 and have been toying with the idea of gettnig something akin to the pic I posted earlier. However, I have come to the conclusio that a leather jacket wil ljust make be look a bit of a tool at my age.

(cue DD to say I'd look a tool anyway :lol: )

However, I have always been tempted to buy one of these for driving in teh kit car on crisp winters days 8)
    (Admitedly, I'm sure I'll still look a tool !)

Irvin-raf-flying-jacket--a.jpg
  • Matt, I'm 40 and I've never suited leather jackets. Getting older doesn't make it any more likely that I will. I can't help but think of Jimmy Corkhill from Brookside every time the idea of getting one enters my head. :?
    If suffer we must, let's suffer on the heights. (Victor Hugo).
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,169
    Fonz_Pic.PNG
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,169
    the-hoff-is-joining-bgt-$7002969$300.jpg
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,407
    seanoconn wrote:
    Depending on where you live, Camden and Camden market used to be good for leather jackets, just never pay the asking price! I've got 3 leather jackets in the back of my wardrobe, I thought each one I bought looked great, then slowly realised with each of them that they made me look like a fool, or maybe more of a fool!

Thats annoying. The word t*@t gets automatically changed to fool.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattC59
  • DavidBelcher
    Harry182 wrote:
    Fonz_Pic.PNG

Looking rather older in years these days, but Henry Winkler is an all-round good egg. Does loads of work regarding awareness of childhood dyslexia and is now an OBE (might be an honorary one though as he's from outside of the Commonwealth)!

David
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Harry182 wrote:
    Fonz_Pic.PNG

Looking rather older in years these days, but Henry Winkler is an all-round good egg. Does loads of work regarding awareness of childhood dyslexia and is now an EOB (might be an honorary one though as he's from outside of the Commonwealth)!

David

FTFY
  • Harry182 wrote:
    Fonz_Pic.PNG

Looking rather older in years these days, but Henry Winkler is an all-round good egg. Does loads of work regarding awareness of childhood dyslexia and is now an EOB (might be an honorary one though as he's from outside of the Commonwealth)!

David

FTFY

ha ha .

reminds of the man who became an EARL and got an OBE he ended up as an EARLOBE.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • I think if you're past your 20s, then the more ostentatious embellishments the jacket has got, the more likely people are going to think "midlife crisis" when they see you wearing it.

Same goes for those yellow mavic roadie shoes: great product in terms of function, but....
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Nice to see that gays are so well represented on the forum.