Campbell Coaching Skills Session

getonyourbike
getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
edited October 2011 in MTB general
I had the skills session, that I'd won, with Bob from Campbell Coaching yesterday and it was quite enlightening. I learn lots of little bits that bring on your riding quite well and it mostly equipped me with solid core skills that can be used everywhere else.

So, basically even if you think you're a great rider, there's still lots of things to improve on and it'd be well worth spending some money on learning how to ride better instead of an upgraded rear mech etc. I highly recommend one and the coaching that I received was really good as everything was relaxed and it was all explained really well.

Comments

• DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    I've done a couple of sessions with Ed "Great rock" Oxley and it is more than worth the money.
    Best money i've spent so far on biking, for terms of overall improvement.
  • We saw Ed last sunday.

Completely put me off having a lesson with him.

He was on his 3rd loop of the gisburn 8. :shock:

I'd never keep up :lol:

How much was the lesson with Ed

you know just in case I ever get fit enough

Edit:
    its ok found his site
    http://www.great-rock.co.uk/
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I had a session with Craig at Chase Skills. I didn't immediately think it had made any great difference, but the next time I went to Cannock Chase I cleared all the black rock options, having previously been too scared to even go near them! There's just lots of little things that need pointing out, that can make a big difference to your riding.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Its more (well nearly all) about skills really, not fitness - although saying that, after about half an hour bunnyhopping - that takes it out of you :) The days i've done with him have mainly involved sessioning lots of bits of trail, as opposed to bollocking round and round.

Last time was last week, did the jumps for dads, that was £70 for the day, group booking. The one before was a 1 to 1, so cost considerably more, but both times have been well worth the money.

I'm considering doing a weekend course early next year with him and Nigel Page, looks good. http://www.great-rock.co.uk/courses/more-advanced/nigel-page/

I'd thoroughly recommend him.
  • Cheers Dodge

I'll see If I can get a small group together